Does the Keyword Density matter in Social Media content?

George Lucas

Does the Keyword Density matter in Social Media Content? Is there any percentage of Keyword Density in that?

What is the percentage of Keyword Density per web page?

hoangvu

Does the Keyword Density matter in Social Media Content? Is there any percentage of Keyword Density in that?
If you want to do SEO for your social media content then Yes, it does. Contrariwise No.

What do you really want to know from your question? what purpose for? Why you care about keyword density matters in social media content?

What is the percentage of Keyword Density per web page?
Can you elaborate your question?

Do you want to know the definition of the percentage of keyword density per web page? or you are wanting to know how many percentage of keyword density in per webpage is good?

Could not answer if you ask a short question like this with lack of detailed information.

George Lucas

Thank You Jerry. I am writing content in Facebook. So got this question in mind.

I want to know the complete information about web page Keyword Density. Does this matters in Page Ranking and visibility?

hoangvu

hoangvu
If you are writing fresh content on your Facebook profile or page then you don't need to know about keyword density, unless you want to do SEO for Facebook and increasing search engine rankings for Facebook then we can discuss further.

SEOPub

Ignore Jerry's answers above.

It doesn't matter for social media or SEO.

The only time it matters for SEO is if you are going crazy and putting the keyword everywhere in a very unnatural way.

Keyword density is a big freaking myth.

Reactions: George Lucas

CyberAlchemist

CyberAlchemist
What proof you say keyword density is a big freaking myth?
If no, its just your a definition.

SEOPub

SEOPub
I've ranked pages #1 in highly competitive niches with a keyword density over 12%.

I laugh at the idiots saying you must have a keyword density of 2.7% and that sort of crap. Seriously, where the hell did they come up with that?

On top of that, lets say Google does count keyword density. What counts? Do title tags count? Do comments in the code count? Do blog comments count (which could totally throw off any calculation as comments grow)? Do headers count? What about alt tags and image file names? Does the URLnofo count?

Google has never said a word about any of this, so when people say that you must keep a keyword density under X%, they don't even have a clue how Google calculates keyword density, if they do.

Let's look at an example of what I mean.

[URLnofo]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer[/URLnofo]

There is the Wikipedia page for beer. On the page, the word beer shows up 431 times. However, if I look in the source code, it shows up 1342 times. One has a density of around 3.6%. The other has a density of about 6%. Pretty big difference in just the raw calculation. If you start saying, well Google doesn't count this or doesn't count that, those numbers could change wildly in either direction.

Here is another example...

[URLnofo]https://www.beeradvocate.com/[/URLnofo]

This page ranks #2 for the term beer behind the Wikipedia page.

Just a raw calculation shows a keyword density of 5.2%, which is about double what most of the keyword density advocates claim you should be using. They are ranking just fine though for a highly competitive keyword.

And here is another thing nobody knows for sure about keyword density. The name of the site is BeerAdvocate. Does the word 'beer' count when it is part of another word like that? It could, which would raise the keyword density in this case to about 6.2%.

Here is yet another one...

[URLnofo]http://www.webmd.com/baby/[/URLnofo]

This page bounces back and forth between #2 and #3 for the term 'pregnancy'. It appears to have a keyword density of around 6.4%. In fact, you will find that a lot of WebMD pages have what would be considered high keyword densities. They seem to be doing just fine though.

You can easily search for yourself and find plenty of examples of sites ranking just fine with keyword densities much higher than these examples.

Do the research and testing yourself. Don't follow the crowd. The crowd is usually dumb.

hoangvu

hoangvu
I disagree with examples in this reply because those pages were sent quality backlink to and still using keyword density a bit little more, even very much, I agree that keyword density doesn't matter and we can use whatever % we want, only make sure that it suits to the page you are ranking.

If you can give examples with page with keyword density is 0% and no backlinks to them but still getting good rankings on SERPs then I believe that keyword density is a myth.

SEOPub

SEOPub
You are not going to find one in a competitive SERP with no backlinks. That is just plain stupid.

Here is one with 0% keyword density though.

[URLnofo]http://www.seonewyork.info/[/URLnofo]

They rank #2 for "SEO New York", but SEO New York does not appear on the page anywhere. Highly competitive term.

Same with [URLnofo]https://www.gregoryortiz.com/seo/new-york-city/[/URLnofo] which ranks 4th organically.

I regularly create pages that rank in the top 10 for 50-75 keywords that I am tracking. Most of those keywords never show up on the page.

So yes, you can go to either extreme. You can rank for keywords that do not appear on the page at all or you can rank with the keyword appearing a lot.

Chancer

I had a page ranking for a keyword that is nowhere on my page, nor in any backlinks... it was on 7th spot for a few days (way in-front of any other keywords which are between 20-40th place at the moment).

I know google searches for synonyms, but this was far off of what i'd expect. Also for some things it is difficult (almost unnatural) to write a text with only 2.5% density and i hope google knows it.

Considering the algorithms we can make i don't think google would need to rely on keyword density as we can determine the quality of text in better (still mathematical) ways. Still, i abide the 2.5% rule for now.

hoangvu

What is keyword density 0%? are you talking to "SEO New York"?

Keyword frequence density
Code:
new york seo      7 	 0.57% 	  	  
york seo company  4 	 0.33%
Code:
seo 	 32 	 2.60% 	  	  
new 	 13 	 1.06% 	  	  
york 	 12 	 0.98%

Code:
new york	14	2.40%
york seo	9	1.55%
seo company	8	1.37%

+ your keyword match domain

New York SEO Company repeated everywhere on the page.

I will not discuss further if you're still giving examples like these.

hrishivardhan

You should not care for the social media's keywords density for it's content. Social media will give you good referral traffic if you write engaging content. so you should not optimize your content for the keywords.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.