How to add favicon for Xenforo forum?

roggy

As the title said it all. Anyone know how to add favicon for Xenforo forum? I followed some tips, but it hasn't worked on my forum. What parts on my XF forum can I change to remove default favicon and replace with my new favicon. Any help?

ulterios

You should be able to just upload your favicon to your ZenForo root and make sure that it is named "favicon.ico" and that should work. Just make sure that there is not already a default favicon in the root when you add yours.

Some styles also have the ability to upload a favicon but that will depend on the style itself.

Polymath

You can just upload your favicon to whatever the main folder that your Xenforo installation is in and make sure that it's named (favicon.ico) and Xenforo will use it.

roggy

You should be able to just upload your favicon to your ZenForo root and make sure that it is named "favicon.ico" and that should work. Just make sure that there is not already a default favicon in the root when you add yours.

Some styles also have the ability to upload a favicon but that will depend on the style itself.
Can i upload favicon.ico and make Xenforo used it from the folder I wanted to point to?
What is the code to make favicon showing on my xenforo site? I don't know where it is located in my admin.

You can just upload your favicon to whatever the main folder that your Xenforo installation is in and make sure that it's named (favicon.ico) and Xenforo will use it.
Can I change favicon.ico to a new name as myfavicon.ico and making Xenforo using it?

ulterios

ulterios
You should just be able to upload the favicon to your document root folder in your XenForo installation. If it for some reason doesn't show up right away then try clearing your cache.

You can also go to your admin CP and go here: Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> PAGE_CONTAINER and add the code below to the head section of the "PAGE_CONTAINER" template and that can force it to be used.

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://Example.com/YourFavicon.ico">

The part in blue above would be the URL for whatever your favicon is.

Kal K

As the title said it all. Anyone know how to add favicon for Xenforo forum? I followed some tips, but it hasn't worked on my forum. What parts on my XF forum can I change to remove default favicon and replace with my new favicon. Any help?
If you are using Xenforo version 1, you need to follow Ulterios' guide. On Xenforo 2, it is a bit more different from where to change favicon for your forum, just go to Appearance -> Style properties -> Basic options -> Favicon URL (32x32)

How to add favicon for Xenforo forum.jpg

Don't forget to upload your favicon to your hosting to make sure that it will display on your web browser when viewing your website.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
jyy
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.