Website Builders

kraodes

Hey guys, what do you think about website builders?

I am looking right now at the hPage website builder because I am planning to create a website. The only problem is, I have zero idea on how to code or use basic HTML. I have been reading some blogs for a while now and they say that website builders are the way to go if you are on a budget or you're looking for something affordable.

Now, I have chosen hPage because of the features they seem to have. Well, for one, I don't have to code anymore, two, the websites apparently are SEO optimized, and third, they have additional features of business (and I can also get a domain and custom e-mail there).

For you, what are your thoughts on website creators for beginners? Or should I just have a website made (although it's very expensive?) My plan is to make a fish hobby website.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
What type of your website? normal website or an ecommerce website?

Do you use Wordpress?

If yes, I can suggest you some best website builders for this platform.

kraodes

A website with informational articles targeted to fish hobbyists.

It's gonna be a blog so Wordpress is out of the question. My plan is to have articles up for long-term use. I read about hPage having SEO optimization so I am considering that website creator a lot. I want a website where if someone searches for something, my article will come up easily in the search.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Wordpress is a blogging platform. It's actually what it was originally designed for and what it does best. Now if your sites was NOT a blog, what you said would make sense.

So, why is Wordpress out of the question?

Don't waste your time with hpage, you don't need it. Plus all website builders tie your hands. You can only design pages the way their builder does it.

Reactions: Hugo E.

Hugo E.

Hugo E.
I agreed with Rob, Wordpress is the best platform that I have ever seen.

If The OP is wanting to have a page builder with it then you can find any plugins such as Beaver Builder, Elementor, Divi, Themify Builder.

kraodes

Okay, thanks guys. I am just a super newbie with this whole website making thing. Decided to go with WP :)

Hey guys, what do you think about website builders?

I am looking right now at the hPage website builder because I am planning to create a website. The only problem is, I have zero idea on how to code or use basic HTML. I have been reading some blogs for a while now and they say that website builders are the way to go if you are on a budget or you're looking for something affordable.

Now, I have chosen hPage because of the features they seem to have. Well, for one, I don't have to code anymore, two, the websites apparently are SEO optimized, and third, they have additional features of business (and I can also get a domain and custom e-mail there).

For you, what are your thoughts on website creators for beginners? Or should I just have a website made (although it's very expensive?) My plan is to make a fish hobby website.
I tried this website creator for a few months and it's okay. So here's my final verdict:

For blogging, it has a blog feature but you have to pay a monthly fee for it. Designs are okay. Very minimalistic but feels like it's stuck in 2010's. Editing webpages is fairly easy once you get the hang of it but I feel like this web builder is only good if you want something 'permanent' (ex. a business website where you post updates once a month, your menu, business details/about page). Their blogging feature is okay too but not UX friendly for regular bloggers and compared to wordpress, WP still reigns king.

jakeis

Yes, there are website builders that don't require having technical skills. These are the so-called drag and drop website builders such as SitePad website builder, Wix, and Weebly. Another option is to hire a freelance developer and buy an affordable theme. Because web development companies usually charge a lot more.

Aby

If Blog is what you're going to do, Wordpress needs to be on your plate. Wordpress was essentially made for people to blog.
Don't think of putting WordPress out of question.
Rethink what you want to do, exactly.

Nina7788

Website builders simplify the entire website creation process. They don't require special coding skills and thus are good for beginners. With all the needed options and a great number of templates, you can easily create a beautifully designed website without much effort. And it has to be noted, building a site with a website builder does not require a big budget. Hopefully, it will be useful for someone.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.