What skills are needed for SEO?

jennylain

but if you are doing seo in google you have to follow all algorithm in google book.

Sarbjit Grewal

Hi everybody.
I am a beginner to learn SEO.
let me ask the skills and tools needed for SEO work when studying
thanks
Hey Justin,
That's great you are starting doing SEO or making career in SEO. SEO is very interesting if you have required skill set. One should be a critical thinker, analyzer, proactive, problem solver. Must know advanced excel, must have good writing skill. For tools i would like to add that there are ample of tools to do SEO with, but best ones are Semrush, Ubbersuggest, iwebchk, ahrefs, seoquake and many more. List is very big.

I wish you all the good luck.

coolaij

Keyword research is essential in SEO, wrong keywords you will not rank in Google.

Domaren

Domaren
Totally agree with you, coolaij!
Keyword research can tell you vital information, such as where you rank for keywords, which keywords are easy to rank for, and which keywords your competitors are ranking for. Keyword research can tell you what people are searching for, rather than what you think they are searching for.

bijutoha

Need to know about analytical tasks: identifying and analyzing patterns; conducting data-gathering, sifting, and remembering items. It is powerful in that it may sometimes signify the capacity to detect an outlier, formulate a theory, and then act on it appropriately.

A comprehensive understanding of how the Internet works?
Know various ways to pass data between a web server and a browser. HTTP status codes to IP addresses, how they operate?

I recommend you to read this article by "Rand Fishkin." I think you can learn more insights here. https://moz.com/blog/the-12-skills-that-have-served-me-best-in-my-seo-career

EngagementRingsUSA

EngagementRingsUSA
I like this blog entry, but it majorly lacks details. Just looking at the first item on the list - An Analytical Mindset, a little book can be written just on this alone. When I studied Latent Semantic Indexing, we went into multivariable calculus and the ability to draw a vector into a 3-dimensional sphere (where the sphere represents the Web). Change one variable, any variable, about a website or something pointing to it, and the new vector will likely look different. Change one variable about any other website that covers a similar topic or keyword, and the resulting vector will also change. Being able to systematically analyze these changes and the resulting effects, and acting on what you find out, is a big part of SEO.

I wish the blog entry elaborated on some of these topics.

nilpotter

Hi everybody.
I am a beginner to learn SEO.
let me ask the skills and tools needed for SEO work when studying
thanks
Research, research, and research. You have to do join different kinds of forums for that. Besides you have to read the "SEO Tips for Beginners" related blog post well. A tool that I suggest you that SEM Rush. Thanks, regards.

EngagementRingsUSA

I'm going to add one more skill to this thread - the ability to research and analyze synonyms.

As many of you know, before search results are served to an end user, the algo runs each document (webpage) through a series of keyword analysis tools. Each word in a document is loaded into a matrix, which is where metrics such as frequency and density are calculated. In order to maximize the probability of being served above competition for a given string, it is helpful to maximize your relevance for that string. Among other ways, this is accomplished by using synonyms.

For example, if you are trying to rank highly for "high end computers", then your SEO efforts could include a series of blog posts, anchor tags, etc... for the following:

high end computers
upscale computers
lavish computers

high end desktop computers
upscale desktop computers
lavish desktop computers

etc...

Finding the synonyms that Google uses in its keyword analysis tool is as simple as performing the following Google search: "define keyword" and you will get all of the synonyms that are a part of its database for that particular keyword.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.