What's the best niche to blog about?

Sisira

They say it's health, wealth, and self-help. but aren't these niches over-competitive?

EngagementRingsUSA

Best answer
The best niche for a blog is one in which you are proficient and passionate about. By choosing a topic that you know inside and out, you can offer valuable insight and expert guidance to your readers. And by going with a topic that is close to your heart, you are likely to create high quality, engaging content, which will attract readers and set you up for success

Rob Whisonant

Stick with a niche you love. Especially if this is going to be your first blog. You have a learning curve to go through before you can compete in the big niches that involve money or life.

Find an underserved part of a niche you like and start with that.

Julzwriter

They say it's health, wealth, and self-help. but aren't these niches over-competitive?
The reason why these niches are popular is because these are
problems that a lot of people face over their lifetime and
they want to solve these issues. Therefore, you are always guaranteed that
you will have customers if you venture into these niches.

tayyabwpb

Top Niches for Blogging are
1. Technology
2. Fashion
3. Food & Recipies
4. Digital Marketing/SEO
5. Education (Scholarships info, content about top universities, colleges, and schools)
6. Job blog (post jobs related to different professions)

Last edited:

Sam brown

I started with fashion blogging, even I was at your place few years back when I wanted to start with blogging, many people suggested me different niches of my blog, but I knew that I am passionate about fashion so I started with fashion even after knowing that it is the most competitive niche. But didn't gave up on my passion and went on with fashion and today I have the successful blog. So I would like to say that you should do what you are passionate about without thinking much about the competition.

ShohayebShihab

How about parenting? Let me know about your perception regarding this

Lola12

You should write about something that you know well.

sanusense

There's nothing like a BEST niche - every niche has it's pros and cons. Start with whatever niche you're comfortable in.
TIP: Look out for Flippa and other similar type of online marketplace where you can see what type of sites are selling for high price point. Repeat the process with your own style.

Last edited:

Farris

Yes, they are competitive. But you can write about topics that have not been covered yet and work your way up. You won't get a lot of organic traffic at first, but that will start the ball rolling. Of course, I am talking about the same niche.

Let me give you an example ...

Let's say that you want to write about self-development. I know that this niche is very competitive. But instead of writing for, let's say, "How to get motivated" you can write about things like "How to get motivated as a web developer" or "How to motivate yourself when you are on Medication Name"

Hope this helps :)

idontwanna

This all boils down to what you define as "best" to be. Are you looking for a wider reach? Network building? Profitability?

Assuming it's the latter, how much you'll earn with a specific niche relies heavily on your knowledge level, competition (as you've mentioned), and how much you're willing to learn.

Honestly, when you think hard enough, any niche is profitable and viable lol.

For blogging specifically, I think one of the few untapped and high-potential topics you can talk about is consultation services. I recently worked with a B2B SEO consultant named Mike, I especially loved his content about consultation (linking it here for reference) and that's when I realized I've not read anything like it before.

Most blogs will talk about the upcoming SEO & Digital Marketing techniques, but I've yet to find one (aside from Mike's of course) that talks explicitly about the explicit difference between consulting (whether it SEO, coaching, and the likes) and just handing over the work over to an agency. I like to think that consultation is more like a "call-a-friend" option rather than just biting the bullet and praying you signed up with a good company.

But generally speaking, the more specialized knowledge you have, the better! You can make an entire block of content just "dumbing things down". I know of a plethora of science blogs that make a killing just by making science understandable lol.

salesmanago

No niche will be good and bring readers and followers if it's something you don't know and like. In the long run, you won't have anything to write about, it won't sound natural. The best topic for a blog is the one you are passionate about, what you are good at, and what knowledge you can pass on to people :)

Greesh

Ask yourself about what's your passion then, derive from it your niche. If you are into cars, you can talk about the car parts or accessories. Passion and motivation are the hidden secrets of a successful niche.

conivalcheese

Once you decided a niche, do a background study. Study your competitors and derive a formula or tactic how to be more ahead of them. Then, ask yourself if you can do it before engaging.

Rosylyinter

If you want to monetize from your blog, you need to take a niche where there is a small competition.

clara_lara

Now the topics of health, self-care and self-promotion are popular. However, in any case, it is worth blogging on a topic that is interesting to you.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views