What is co-citation in seo?

anuingenious

I have heard about co-citation in Seo. Is this related to canonical tag? I f not then please describe co-citation .

shophia

I have heard about co-citation in Seo. Is this related to canonical tag? I f not then please describe co-citation .
Co-citation is an very significinat and yet not very extensive phenomena that has been insincere at the core of SEO to date. In small it is that definite things are always defined in similar contexts with certain affiliations. The affiliations or the sites end up getting ranked for the terms for which they have been co-cited with. The article of SEOMoz would help get a clear picture of this.

bruno007

image0018.png

Co citation is cool concept in which two sites do not share any links but because of a third website they are linked to each other. Image will illustrate the concept more.

Alex_smith

Glad to know about the co-citation. I love to use this technique.

MarkS

Co-citation, like Bibliographic Coupling, is a semantic similarity measure for documents that makes use of citation relationships. Co-citation is defined as the frequency with which two documents are cited together by other documents.

Alex Thompson

SEO cocitation was a hot topic many years ago as Google introduced anti-spam updates geared toward devaluing links from poor-quality blog networks. More recent discussions of cocitation have shifted the focus away from link juice and toward the words used around links.

JamesMarks

Two different websites could be beneficial to each other if they simply have another website in common. Good explain in this blog, read it: searchenginejournal.com/co-citation-and-co-occurrence-the-next-big-thing-in-seo/60724/

sabizuk

Thanks for sharing such a nice information about seo Co-citations. I think it mean that if someone links to your site as well as a well-known, authority site, within or closely related to your industry, in the same article, then you will share some of that authority site’s respect from Google.

Last edited:
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.