Has anyone tried to monetize the site with push notifications?

alexmux

Has anyone tried to monetize the site with push notifications? share your results

Rob Whisonant

Push notifications are best for notifying readers of new blog posts, content updates etc. Spamming people with offer after offer through push just pisses them off and they end up blocking all push notifications.

Use push to bring people back to your site. Not spam them with affiliate links.

FPForum

I've used it in the past...You'll need lots and lots of subscribers to ever make much from push notifications, and it can cause problems with some antiviruses not liking your site (at least, with one network I tried it did)...I tested push notifications on my site for about 6 months and for me personally, it was better to just not use them..

Keith

We tried it a few times with nothing significant to gain. The fact is push notifications are more important for services like Facebook, Instagram etc. where one spends more time on their phone. The more you do something, you are more likely to get notifications. It is never going to be the case with blogs/sites. It is more important to get people to come back to the site more frequently and interact with the blog rather than getting a push notification. So we didn't find it useful for our site.

Jatin Bansal

I haven't anyway used push notifications as an advertising method and also recommend not to use it.

It greatly impacts the user experience in negative way

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.