Should I learn about Web Analytics before Development of Website

jamesward2987

Hello everyone,

I am developing a programming base web site and one of my friends suggested me that I need to focus on Web Analytics also which will help me to know behavior of user or tell me what kind of things peoples actually expect. I’m a newbie and I don’t know how these things actually work. I searched about it over the internet. I am learning about it but it is still not clear to me till now. I’m totally confused about the term Web Analytics. Can anyone give their precious suggestion on this. Will be a great support. Does Web Analytics really matter ?

Hoping to form some positive responses.

Thanks

hipcat

Analytics matter in that it tells you what is working and what is not. It helps to tell you what content your visitors are searching for, how long they stay and where they are coming from. That, in turn, let's you know which external links or advertising is bringing in the most traffic to your particular site pages.

With the knowledge acquired from studying your analytics you can tweak your site and ad campaigns to make them more effective and your site more successful overall in the long run.

Rob Whisonant

You really need to build a site and get traffic coming to it before you will ever have any analytics to analyze. Once you have data coming in, it will make it a lot easier to learn analytics.

Lamoon

Focus on the building the website first and after that you just have to include the GA javascript on the master page so that it could start tracking the landing pages and performance of your website.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Hello everyone,

I am developing a programming base web site and one of my friends suggested me that I need to focus on Web Analytics also which will help me to know behavior of user or tell me what kind of things peoples actually expect. I’m a newbie and I don’t know how these things actually work. I searched about it over the internet. I am learning about it but it is still not clear to me till now. I’m totally confused about the term Web Analytics. Can anyone give their precious suggestion on this. Will be a great support. Does Web Analytics really matter ?

Hoping to form some positive responses.

Thanks
They are 2 aspects of a website online, you need a website to present services or products to clients, you need to develop a website, when you need clients, you need web analytics to how to make your website have more clients to buy your services or products, both are important.

JoeCole17

It's awesome that you're delving into web development. Understanding web analytics can be crucial for optimizing your website's performance and user experience. While it might seem daunting at first, learning about it can provide valuable insights into user behavior and expectations. Consider exploring resources online or reaching out to experts for guidance.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.