Do You Think AI Will Replace The Need For Search Engines?

hipcat

With the gaining popularity of AI-driven information websites, such as perplexity.ai, do you think they are becoming the new search engines of choice?

If you want to know about something you can simply ask AI instead of Google these days. Even with ecommerce searches it is quite possible that people will ask AI "Where can I find a good pair of shoes in my area?" rather than use a search engine, as they are essentially doing the same services. Then the AI sites will start showing related ads for whatever product you are searching for.

What are your thoughts on this potential shift in search technology?

profitnest

Seems like that's where we're headed. Search picked up due to mobile, what happens when all mobile searches/questions become asked to an AI?

josephrazaa

Its totally depends on the type of search or query type. For instance some queries required human response like review sites required real human reviews and for some queries AI answer will be preferable and I think Local SEO and Ecommerce SEO will remain intact while some of the info based sites will be wipe out.

Farris

AI will not replace generic search but what will happen is that it will get a piece of the pie, and probably a big one. Just how mobile devices replaced desktop in the last decade and a half, we will see that as well with AI and search engines. As AI gets smarter more people will use it rather than Google or Bing for SOME queries.

But what will probably happen is Google will integrate AI into search and it can be a second choice if the searcher wants.

That's my 2 cents :)

profitnest

If you don't see Google's AI results yet then maybe you don't understand. The AI response shows up before search results. It can sum up popular opinion based on forums and other communities to give you the info you want faster. As someone who makes a living from optimized sites and offering services - this is scary.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views