SEO is short for search engine optimization or search engine optimizer.
Search engine optimization is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine (SERP) -- including Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines.
SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine.
It is common practice for Internet users to not click through pages and pages of search results, so where a site ranks in a search is essential for directing more traffic toward the site. The higher a website naturally ranks in organic results of a search, the greater the chance that that site will be visited by a user.
SEO is typically a set of "white hat" best practices that webmasters and Web content producers follow to help them achieve a better ranking in search engine results. Search Engine Land's Guide To SEO explains the ranking factors in more depth, in a tutorial providing tips and advice on implementing them.
1. The Results are Low Cost (In Comparison to Adwords and PPC)
2. Definite Increase in Traffic
3. Higher Brand Credibility, People Trust Google
4. Better ROI (Return on Investment) Than Normal Ads
5. Your Competitors Are Doing It
6. Take Your Business to the Next Level
7. 250 Million websites on the web, SEO makes you stand out
8. 60% Of Clicks Go to the First Result
9. Youâ€™ll Have Access to Data
10. The Results are Permanent
1)Increased Internet Exposure
2)SEO is widely considered as an affordable approach which lasts for years.
3)SEO can also increase web site traffic that could lead to increase sales figure.
4)Your business is exposed to potential clients when they access your website.
Disadvantages in SEO
1) Your web site is exposed to an increase amount of spam once you achieve high volume and traffic to your site.
2) Your site can receive unwanted leads that would involve cost.
3) Cannot predict and guarantee best positions in search engines.
SEO now days getting very popular for promotion of website business, It helps to increase page rank, so that accessibility of site will increase, these process improves the chances for search engine to find that particular site.
Search Engine Optimization plays a vital role in Online marketing. It comes with multiple benefits:
SEO gives your website an online prominence
Enhance your brand visibility
Boost your online Business
Increases thewebsite Traffic
Advantages of SEO:-
Search engine optimization promotes products and services.
When you use SEO, your business is better reached.
SEO can also increase web site traffic that could lead to increase sales figure.
Your business is exposed to potential clients when they access your website.
Disadvantages of SEO:-
Your site can receive unwanted leads that would involve cost.
Cannot predict and guarantee best positions in search engines.