Need Help With Photoshop? ... I'll Try To Help You.

ClearEyes

Hi there,

I've been using Photoshop and other digital graphics software for a while now and have gained a lot of experience over the years, but I know that sometimes it can be difficult and frustrating for people to get the results they wanted with Photoshop.

I'd like to offer you some assistance with any questions or problems you may have.

So, what do you need help with?

All the best
ClearEyes

Jack London

Hey ClearEyes, can you show me when we should use Photoshop and when we should use Corel Draw to design a graphic? and why ? :D

ClearEyes

Hey Jack.

The choice of which one you use depends on what it is that you need to do. Vector software gives you more freedom when creating and manipulating text or complex shapes say for a logo design, but Photoshop will be better for manipulating and compositing existing images.

The drawing tools in Corel and Illustrator are much better than Photoshop so when creating an illustration I tend to use Illustrator and then import into Ps to put it all together for my final image.

So there's no reason that you can't use both to make certain elements of you design then bring them together in the end.

All the best.

Jack London

Cool answers from ClearEyes, Just having an additional question, I'm using photoshop Cs4. According to you, which version of Photoshop I should use for the best effective for work and easy to control graphics with its tool. Should I use latest version of photoshop or not?
I think if I use newest its version, I need a good PC, right?

ClearEyes

Hey Jack, glad my answers helped. I've used lots of versions of photoshop and I'm now using CS6. There are a few improvements including autosave and content aware that together make CS6 even more powerful, but for everyday use you should be ok with CS4.

As for a good pc, I have a fairly normal laptop with 4gb ram and it copes well with what I make it do, but after a heavy Ps session I do have to restart as it starts to lag a bit!

Good luck!

hoangvu

Hey ClearEyes, can you show me ways to create vector images in photoShop? and it's possible or not?

ClearEyes

Hi JerryJo,
With Photoshop it is possible to make vectors, the "Shapes" tool uses vectors and of course you can modify or create new ones using the pen and path tools. You can then resize them and they will not lose their sharpness, but once you press the Rasterize button it will convert to a bitmap and any resizing after this will eventually result in a pixely look.

The vector tools in Ps are nowhere near as good as Illustrator so if you want to do something complex I would work with Illustrator.

To give you an example of using vectors in PS the image below was made by just editing and creating custom shapes.

cartoon kid.jpg

Hope this helps
ClearEyes.

hoangvu

You designed an awesome graphic, looks great. As your suggestion, if we want to make graphic vector in Photoshop, using shape tool and don't make any changes like "Rasterize" our shape, right?

ClearEyes

Thanks, and you're correct. Only rasterize when you're sure there will be no more edits and you're completely happy with it.

What I tend to do is save a master copy and then further edit copies of that if I need to.

Good luck!
ClearEyes

imjava

Hi ClearEyes,Thanks for your answers.I have a question.what's the best software for design a logo?

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
SIG

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.