Writing HTML by your own is really tedious job.. what is the solution

Laviskajoermoy

Hello,

Writing HTML is not a tedious job, what do you think about it?
I often find it boring when I need to do it. is there any easy way there?

Please share your thought.

Jack London

I don't think so, write my own html will help me control my codes easily in fixing and editing. Also it will help your web design skills get better.
anyone has other thoughts?

dominickhost

I really don't think so. Unfortunately its just a part of coding. With great Power come great responsibility.

Quadrivium

Start out with someone else's template/css. Use Dream Weaver or Nusphere PHP Editor. That will make things much easier when getting started.

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
Exactly what I do!

Except using dreamweaver or editing any PHP. I need to learn how to write PHP first. I do not even know how to write html or CSS I just know what the code means and can edit/alter it.

But to start from scratch. Why? Even if I was an experienced developer, I wouldn't do this.

This is where the average person fails in life. For instance if youre a painter who learned how to paint from a text book you are going to critique everything to the point that it makes your art come out looking like crap. No real artist needed to learn anything from a book.

I think skilled web designers feel like they're "faking it" by using a template. Nope you're just speeding up time. I'm not a "web designer" but I make a couple $$k every month designing websites. And it doesn't take me a month to build a website. A few days tops, and I've got some pretty big clients, that are happy.

One of my clients came to me from a "developer" who charged like $2k to design his site in Dreamweaver. It looked like an outdated, very square and somewhat pixelated site. This is not what clients need.

Take a look at forums across the web. All of them look mediocre. Very square and blocky and kinda pixelated.

This is fine for forums because they can't have sharp graphics because of the load speeds amongst other things.

BUT if you Google your typical business and look for the top people in that niche, their website looks clean and sharp. Similar to how premium wordpress templates look ;)

So all in all I do agree and wish I had more code writing skills. But for you developers out there, STOP BEING SO DARN "NIT-PICKY" and start utilizing your skills and get things done faster, make clients happier, and your pockets bigger with templates.

Cheers

Quadrivium

Yeah good point Eric. I worked at a company in the 90's and it was standard practice to "borrow" other site's designs. Not template ones, but their actual company's site design, as long as they were in unrelated industries. Templates are really great time savers and make things easy. Starting from scratch seems to be something designers, who are artists, do because they love it.

Do you use paid templates Eric? Or one of those sites like Wix/Weebly who do seem to have sexy templates, but aren't really exportable or designed to be hosted elsewhere except their servers. Or free ones?

elcidofaguy

Its important to know HTML, Javascript etc - but these days I would recommend a CMS such as wordpress, joomla etc which removes much of the coding such as use of plugins for features/functionality as well as themes for look and feel layout etc... Its also much easier to maintain and add content versus the old days of writing html entirely... The amount of time saved is simply awesome and there are so many professional themes available that it takes months of work down to literally hours to a few days... ;-)

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.