Are Directories Still Useful for SEO?

escale4176

I don't think that directories are helpful in SEO, but you get a link and you can use it for earning links and nothing else.

digitalone

I'm going to build a directory for my website ( in subdomain ) but I'm wondering that Are Directories Still Useful for SEO at this time 2014 or 2015 and further ?

Anyone please give me any suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks in advanced!
Yes directory are good for website but not all directory website are good for your website. Before submitting your website on the directory website please check the website spam score of the website.

alexhost2

I think they have revelant impact in SEO until now.
Some people always search for directories.

And if that directories have traffic, yes still having impact. How ensures you, they don't click or find your website / blog?

Is still a good option, is not a miracle.

owenrules

The short answer is yes, the more detalied one is that there are a lot of options out there right now because there is a huge demand for such services, and that might be a clue to let the professionals worry about what's the most beneficial for a business.

EngagementRingsUSA

The OP's question is rather vague. Are directories useful? The realistic answer is, it depends. I feel like the more important question is, are directories still effective? And the answer to that is absolutely not. The days when directories substantially contributed to a website's PR are long gone. While being placed in a directory can be a positive addition to a much larger set of SEO efforts, that is not enough to call it "useful". Nor would I recommend that anyone put forth a great deal of effort into being placed in a directory. Given the updates to the search ranking algorithms in the past 10 years, I'd say that there are far more effective strategies than directories.

John-S

Web directories and local citations still appear to be a small ranking factor – especially for local businesses. However, Google's John Mueller himself has said that directory links “generally” don't help with SEO.20

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views