Traffic for a TV/Movie streaming website

ilikeblazin

The day my site is live, since it is a website for streaming tv shows, movies & live tv;
Would ads make a difference with traffic?
asking because those who stream online, deal with ads all the time.
Would it make a big difference to start without ads? to get my unique visitor numbers up?

Don't hesitate to share your opinion

Thanks,
Adam

Jack London

The day my site is live, since it is a website for streaming tv shows, movies & live tv;
Would ads make a difference with traffic?
asking because those who stream online, deal with ads all the time.
Would it make a big difference to start without ads? to get my unique visitor numbers up?

Don't hesitate to share your opinion

Thanks,
Adam
Of course, if you are going to to advertise on some big website with huge traffic then banner ad is a good option for you to increase traffic for your website. If you want to have a big difference to start without ads then I would like to suggest you go spend your time on forums, blogs or social networks, they are good places to increase free traffic with high quality :D

ilikeblazin

My site isn't live yet. No one knows it exists.
I'm wondering what the difference would be starting with ads or starting without ads; since i run a streaming website?

I will be advertising myself & around my city, once I make a decision.

RobinYork

I had an Website about streaming movies, tv shows and live tv, and i had daily betwen 25-50k unique visits, + i reach the good ranking on the domain, and the domain has pr5, at least my earnings was just like nothing, because the AD services wont pay that much amount of money wich you wish for yourself unless you go for non-copyright content. If you use Google's Adsense service, they will bann you, and when you use other offshore Adsense services, they wont pay you that much for your traffic, because there are so much warez forums and websites which deals the same traffic as you do, and at least your web site isnt that important, and warez traffic was actually always cheap.
And to reach the same results or even better, use Wordpress, optimize it for SEO, place tons of quality content, and try to use such keywords for images (uploaded covers of movies): Name_of_the_movie_free_stream_watch
This will bring you tons of traffic trough Google Images for good startup.
With 1000-2000 posts you should be able to get daily betwen 5-10k unique visits.

P.S
Dont give money out for ads at begin, just be patient and fill your site with good quality content.
And trust me, after a while you will reach better results than with paying for some ads.

RobinYork

They will, because of copyrighted material, even if people upload such content on YouTube directly or Vimeo and doesnt own rights for such material, the video will be mostly deleted and such videos are just bad to fill websites content with them.. At least read the threads title name, its about Movies.. And i m pretty sure that he will break some copyright laws, if he host/stream Movies, even if he is gonna to use proxy plugin for jwplayer...

HostAwesome

You definitely need to be careful about copyright stuff. And it is very murky and unclear for a lot of things. I think for adsense, the tos states that it has to be for your own content. But you would need to double check that.

londonmoon

Youtube, to me, has always been a great commodity for television targeted traffic, just produce magnificent footage that attract a sustainable amount of viewers.

integrity

Its up to you start without ads is a good way. Not all business at the initial stage start advertising directly.

SmartWebAds

I think you should start without ads, but rather go to the websites/forums where your target audience is most likely to be found. People like talking about films and shows, so you can easily find them there.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.