why my indexed pages on Google increased and decreased suddenly?

DiamondIM

Hi there,

New to this forum, I have a question hope someone will answer exactly for me

why my indexed pages on Google increased and decreased suddenly?

i.e yesteday I checked my site by
site: ww.mydomain.com
on google, it showed 16000 pages
while today I have just made a check then it's showing 29000 pages on search results :D

what are the reasons?

Hassan

Google is constantly updating their index which will occasionally result in sites getting a temporary boost or drop in rankings. This sounds like what you experienced.

DiamondIM

DiamondIM
I think this reason is not enough exact for why decrease or increase my indexed pages on google search. It can relate to google algorithms or relate to my backlinks or my website content. I need other answers.

elcidofaguy

Hi DiamondIM,

Try checking Bing and I bet you your index count there is much smaller as they seem a bit harder to persuade....

In addition to above comments your index count on G may have increased if you have added tags, categories etc to posts and pages... It may also increase if you have added https.... It may decrease if you use canonicalization to consolidate link juice to different URL variants of the same page or if you have removed tags, categories etc...

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sid

Sonku

That is very common even with my site it does happen, sometimes it shows many pages and sometimes very less but for me I thought it was because I have subdomains on the site so I thought that maybe google counts even pages indexed from subdomain and sometimes it doesn't.
Now if you have subdomain also that might prove me right

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.