Raspberry Pi ideas

RDO Servers

Has anyone tried out the Raspberry Pi?

Their pretty neat little things that you can do a lot with. I really want to get a couple to play around with, but then again I don't really have the time for another hobby so I would be limited to fairly quick/easy projects with them.

My 7 year old has started learning a little bit of programing thanks to code.org. I was also thinking if I could find some good Raspberry Pi projects for kids, it might help him along too.

Have you used one?
What did you build?

MrGravyCakes

We had to use one at uni, it was a very annoying task that we had to do so I didn't like it haha. I used one for my own leisure and started to enjoy it! They are very good and people make some amazing things with it, much beyond my level of skill!

RDO Servers

They are cool, no doubt about it. I love the idea of having a couple to play around with, but I can't think of anything I would do with one that would really fill a need.

Still could be a lot of fun if you have the hardware and the time to play with it.

ElixantTechnology

I've come across the promotional videos here and there, and it's definitely something that I am interested in hearing more about however with the long hours I work I don't think I could find the time to do anything with it. I would love to hear some ideas though!

RDO Servers

RDO Servers
Yea, thats where I'm at too! I just ordered one so we'll see. It may sit on the corner of my desk and collect dust. Chances are I will get yelled at by the wife for taking half the kids toys apart and trying to make them autonomous!

I have 3 boys, so of course they would love to "dissect" some toys too and play with the innards. I'll just pull the "but look hunny, the boys are having fun and learning stuff! I'm doing it for them!" :lol:

MightWeb

Let's place a multitude of them in a cluster and run a webhost from it! :D
In all seriousness - Pi's are fun little things, but I can't think of anything I'd do with one right now. Perhaps when I get the time to start working on home automation, I could use a few.

RDO Servers

RDO Servers
Yea, it amazes me that people actually do that in a production environment. I even found one hosting company where you can get a shared hosting account, of a Pi cluster! I think someone had too much time on their hands and way too many Pi's laying around!!!

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
I've actually tried this and it's fairly efficient. They are extremely robust solutions for just about anything you need done.

One of my projects included using them to put on hot dog stands for loss prevention for someone who owns 23 of them. Had to put a GPS module on them and they sent their location data by SMS.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.