Things to consider when selling an Ebook

The Atlantic

Hello folks,

I am wondering if there are some rules I need to follow when reselling an ebook or selling my own ebook? such as a disclaimer/legal notice/disclosures/etc?

Please share your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Rana

Hello folks,

I am wondering if there are some rules I need to follow when reselling an ebook or selling my own ebook? such as a disclaimer/legal notice/disclosures/etc?

hi friend, there has a rules, a disclaimer in every eBook. you must protect your ebook by using a password and a water mark which can resist editing and reselling. i dont know what is in your ebook but if you think your ebook is really valuable then i suggest you to get a copyright of that ebook. if my idea will helpful to you then click this thanks button please. ALL THE BEST.

tvtaddy

Please have a look at any book and look at its content with different section, you will get to know about the settings. Also there are no hard and fast rules, you can add any of the section like declaimer, about author and other sections.

PatrickT

Thanks for the thread, I have my own book ready on my computer, and I always postpone its coming out, now I am starting to understand it's because I lack info on how to do that,but I think it's pretty easy,and I agree there might be authors rights as I believe my book to be very valuable, and even if it's not so great as I think there are still many guys who like to make money on other people's work

samimnoorzaitgc

Hello folks,

Greetings The Atlantic!

When reselling e-books, try not breaking the rules. Obey them. It would seem to be enough.

When selling your own e-books, be descriptive. Write a description that tells what exactly the e-book is all about. A description for an e-book plays unique role for generating sales.

Show an example of your work, if you have some blog posts and articles written, somehow display them for the viewers of your e-book page. This shows how professional you are and improves your confidence.

Tell some about the topics you included in the e-book, not to give all the information so that the person leave the page but use short words. Write about the topics you know about the most and are well discussed in the e-book itself.

Hope it helps. Come back to me with your results.

Thanks, Good luck.

The Atlantic

The Atlantic
Thanks for your suggestions!

I would like to know about the length and pricing of an ebook, do these factors affect to buyers?

How many pages should I have on an ebook and how to determined the price of my ebook?

samimnoorzaitgc

samimnoorzaitgc
Glad I could help.

Well, I don't think if e-book pages and length can be a matter.

Pricing is another hard step regarding this . First, come up with some free e-books to gain fame. When reselling, price them by their authors. E-books by premium authors should go in higher prices.

The newer, the better. Fresh e-books can have slightly higher prices and attracts more customers.

You can also let your customers set the price in their favor. Use the unique "Name your price" feature to keep your customers happy.

Ron Killian

There are plenty of places to sell an ebook. Such as Jvzoo, Warrior Forum, Warrior+, Clickbank. Just create a salesletter, or pay some one to create it for you. And drive traffic to the sales page.

On a side not , DON'T password protect your book as some one else suggested. It will just cause problems for your buyers and increase your customer support greatly. No one password protects their ebooks these days.

Ron Killian

There are no set-in-stone rules, and the question is to vague. Too many variables.

Obviously it depends on the content. One page of powerful information, something that helps people make money or change their lives for example, could be worth $100. A 100 page rehashed junk ebook could be worth less than a buck.

It also depends on who you are selling to. Like kindle you might have to stay in the $2-$3 range. It's just the selling mentality there. Selling to professionals could fetch higher prices.

Just as important (if not more) is the title of the ebook, and the sales copy. Best book in the world won't sell much if the title and sales copy stinks. Gotta make them want it real bad.

Plus, if your reselling some one else's ebook, you will probably have to go with a lower price because it's likely you won't be the only one selling it. Not mention you have to compete with marketers who think it's a good business strategy to sell stuff for next to nothing.

Obviously the content needs to be good. Verified by others besides the author. Authors, especially those who are not writers get to close to it, or don't see the mistakes. Have some one else proof read it. Something I don't do enough of.

As a rule of thumb, if your selling it on your own, like your own website, you can go from $7 on up. $17 to $37 seems to be the tops unless it's really good or comes with lots of extras. But again, it depends on the content and how well you can sell it. 7 is a magic number but I can't remember why right this moment.

If your selling your ebook with resale rights or plr right, that can and should get you a higher price. Adding bonus items like checklists, mind maps or resource guide can help sell and get you a higher price as well.

Just my opinions. And selling ebooks for quite a few years.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.