Do you ever look at the search results to see which directories retained old links for you?

denvercardonations

I have a few domains dating back to 2007 or so, and some of those directories are STILl around with their links STILL indexed, even though I sold the websites a long time ago and the people who purchased them no longer use them anymore. That is a pretty good indicator of directories to resubmit to, right? Or am I mistaken...I mean, for Google to still pull those directories up after 10 years in their search results must mean Google has a decent TR I would think.....

radwebhosting

That's very interesting, but I guess they don't spend much time un-indexing sites. I would be curious to know what directories you used to use :)

denvercardonations

I used to use DigiXmas assisted directory submitting software. Every evening that and a bottle of whiskey made boring work of directory submissions into a blur. I will show you the exact website and a search query to go with it, this was my Pagerank 6 photography blog I sold to a travel agency a looong time ago. I started dorking around building it in 2005-2006. Type this query in Google:
Code:
okinawa www.johninjapan.com
then use Google Search Tools and isolate the date range and you will see as far back as 2006 Google still has links indexed. I have a couple of domains that old, I wonder if I might be able to pop a few old links, I should still have a few logins. Anyone who says directory submissions are a waste of time really has no clue, if you get into long-lasting directories they are.

My link for Fourseek was submitted in 2007 and is still there, HAHAHAHA. That is worth the $9 submission fee, I might resubmit my Denver Donate site.

onegoodman25

Never bothered, if the link is worthy would show in SEMRush when I do a search on my backlinks

Latest threads
Replies
Views
  • Deleted
  • Deleted by Rob Whisonant
Replies
Views
  • Deleted
Replies
Views
  • Deleted
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Latest Blog ArticlesMost Viewed Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.