SEO - How to

blando89

Hello everyone! Hope you are having a good day so far.

is there a good training or information on SEO and how to get the most out of it on here? I created a website and still working on so its not 100% finish but i want to understand SEO and how to bring traffic to my website. I am searching through the threads and reading other people posts so i am having some understanding but still lost. If someone has a good link for training etc that would be awesome!

Thank you for your time!

Mike001

There is some really good training on SEO at the Google website.

Have you setup your webmaster tools. The Google dashboard has some good information on structured data, Data highlighting, improvements to your HTML for better optimization, it talks about site links and some other good topics.

There is a lot of good stuff out there just be careful what you pay for. Sites that promise to give you back links, SEO boosts and all that stuff many of them promise the world and deliver very little. I can attest to that as I fell for a couple of them when I was starting out.

The best way to boost your site is patience and good content. Good content will get its own good back links once it is out there and discovered.

The Google Web Master tools will help a lot starting out. Sign up for those with your site, make sure it is registered, get a good site map, register the site map, keep it updated and the ranking will grow.

Register with Bing Webmaster tools also, they are pretty good for information on how your site is seen. Bing takes a little longer before you start to see information in the tools. normally about 2 weeks.

WebmasterPhil

I recommend buying the book "Search Engine Marketing, Inc." by Mike Moran and Bill Hunt. It's a good starting point for reference. It also starts you with on-page SEO (things you can easily control right away) and then leads to off page SEO (things that are harder to control, such as getting backlinks, etc.)

There's a ton of free information online, through the forums and such, but the information is so scattered that you might end up getting lost. Try taking an online course at VTC or Udemy. Online courses are very well structured.

Last edited:

blando89

Thank you for the help i will take a look at everything. I found this youtube video. Watching it now i am getting an understanding of it. After this i will take a look everything you guys have given me.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am35bzdcXMA

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.