Using a Wordpress theme for multi sites?

Harry P

I have a premium wordpress theme that I bought from a thememarketplace, I have made changes on it for SEO friendly. But the problem is, I used this theme more than 10 blog sites. Does this affect to SEO ranking if I use just only a theme for all sites. Should I change or buy a new theme for new sites?

learn2do

It's fine, you can use the same theme in many sites and it doesn't affect SEO score. Google algorithm allows that. Imagine that many WordPress sites using popular themes like Genesis, Twenty Sixteen, Zerif Lite etc being penalized, that is not a good idea, right?

Last edited:

vishwa

Using same WordPress theme to multiple sites have no effect on SEO. All you have to care about is that the content are must be unique and are of good quality and relevant to the users.

ulterios

Hi Harry,

You are perfectly fine using the same theme on any number of sites you want without any SEO issues. As long as you aren't duplicating the content to all the other sites, you will not have any SEO problems.

Many WordPress users do this all the time, so it's not too unusual for people to do.

Your sites will be fine and have no negative SEO issues due to the theme or the mods you made to it.

Miguelito203

I used to hear a lot of talk about marketers being worried that using the same theme over and over again leaves too much of a digital footprint, but I use the same theme on a lot of my smaller niche sites -- have like six or seven of them -- and I haven't had any problems at all. I'm one of those people that can take forever just to choose a theme and stuff, and I just got to the point where having a site up and content on it was more important, I stuck with what I know. Out of all the sites I have, I only use two different themes. I'm building one now, which will use a different theme than the other two, but I'm pretty consistent.

Joey

cutelovelybaby

I have a premium wordpress theme that I bought from a thememarketplace, I have made changes on it for SEO friendly. But the problem is, I used this theme more than 10 blog sites. Does this affect to SEO ranking if I use just only a theme for all sites. Should I change or buy a new theme for new sites?
I think It's no any problem. Everyone have many sites with similar themes. The most important in SEO is not theme.

billwade79

It's doesn't matter, you can use wordpress theme for multi sites - Each page have a SEO optimize own, can't be merge like that. I can suggest you a good theme for SEO : Genesis Framework. Hope you will like it and good luck for your site.

rfharris

I don't think it would be any problem to use the same theme on multiple sites.

Rockk

It can fine, you can use a similar theme in many sites and it doesn't impact SEO score. Yahoo algorithm allows that. Imagine that many WordPress sites using well-known themes like Genesis, Twenty Sixteen, Zerif Lite etc becoming penalized, that is not a good option, right?

freehdwalls

I do believe no problem because My organization is using only one subject for my some blogs. It does not impact anything. However every single blog should have exceptional content and is in several niches.

RebeccaDooley

Same theme doesn't affect the SEO but if you are optimizing your site according to your niche services and using share unique niche content on it. The themes that you are choosing, must be SEO friendly there if you want your site at the top of the Search Engine.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.