What payment method is best for an eCommerce website?

davebusiness86s

I'd say Paypal. Because I think a lot of people (including me) feel safe and easy to pay seeing a Paypal sign as a payment method.
Plus Paypal has a very good garuantee, it's hard to lose money with Paypal protection

daniel27lt

I've thought about Stripe, but don't know that much about them. So payouts are monthly? Also, how are they better for users compared to pay pal?
Hey Ron, I started using Stripe about a bit over a year now. I was asked about 5 times from new members wanting to signup before I made the decision. They wanted to pay via credit card and not PayPal. So I decided to go with Stripe.

I have to say, you should give them a try. Really easier UI and everything is simply to use, but also complex at the same time. You can set your payments to go directly to your bank account anytime (I think once a week is the limit for automatic payments, but I set my for 1 month). I don't even have to worry about anything. I personally think their system is made for recurring payments as everything within is setup this way.

It basically has everything that PayPal has but I find it to be so much easier to find things, as PayPal keeps changing their system, it's like there still back in the 90's and overworking their interface consistently to suit today's outlooks. The PayPal system runs on so many different servers, so it's hard to keep up with their changes at times. Not knocking them, PayPal would have to still be my favorite (Plus more people and myself prefer to pay with PayPal online these days).

I found a great video tutorial that you might be interested in that Anthony Vipond goes through, check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGtyLk2s5-k

The start is mainly about the integration setup, but you can get an insight within.

I hope this helps.

Huh? With digital goods they are not covered under protection and you can lose all kinds of money.
That's correct. They started this within Ebay many years ago to protect their buyers and I think it started around when sellers on Ebay were allowed to sell digital products within their marketplace (sending ebooks etc to the customer's email, no real delivery required). But now they defiantly don't cover this.

kevinarndale

For the e-commerce websites, best payment method will be - Merchant Account Service related to your business account, definitely with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Secured Another would be PayPal service.

SethTurin

I think it's also worth considering your integrations down the road.

Some specific products and companies only integrate with certain payment gateways.

If you're just trying to choose based on their own features, Stripe seems to have a considerable advantage for ease of use, but authorize and paypal are the most consistently used, I think.

ROIND

Both PayPal and Stripe charge merchants the same per-transaction processing fee, but Stripe is a marginally better deal because it doesn't charge a monthly fee (PayPal charges a monthly fee for its Advanced and Pro Versions), nor does it charge extra fees for things like accepting international cards

jackparker

Hi,

PayPal, Stripe Payment and Authorize.NET are the best option for payment method suitable for your eCommerce website.

Thanks,
Jack

josnorgren

By having trusted payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe or SagePay, you reduce the stress of payment safety as it is now taken care of by third party. However, by also have the credit and debit card options on the site, your site security can be well perceived.
Just make sure that all of the options provided comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.

abderrezak31

i prefere a third party company like gumroad or iDeal; paypal isn't familiar with many countries, so every one of us can choose his good way !!

Hikarihost

if you use virtual product i recommend use paypal or ideal this payment method is commercial

KarstenHartog

I'm in a niche that PayPal doesn't like so I use Stripe. I can get deposits into my bank account within 2 days and it integrates well into WordPress so it works for me.

Mands1987

I think Paypal does not work in all countries of the world and people try to find other way of online payment. So you can use any other method or payment gateway,worldcore global payment solutions is also can be an option.

Gh0st4unt3r

I have used paypal over the years and worldpay but i have recently found out that Gocardless is great and was referred to by someone i know who uses them too,

From experience i do like Paypal and have not really had an issue with this method of taking payments, though as mentioned Stripe is looking to be a popular choose now and is something i maybe considering so its worth taking a look at them too.

adlersmith

I think people taking members should have a pay pal account, better opportunity your going to get that money each 30 days. Not guaranteed, I've had members don't succeed, but I think you get more dedicated members.

WildSpirit

I think the options pretty clear (at least for me :ertery:).

First option: Your own bank account, because it is easier to solve any kind of eventuality (and this saves time, something that is extremely important).

Alternative option: Paypal account, because it's widely accepted by virtually in the whole world (and this is also something very important).

Jack_Dan

Personally I like PayPal because i never had any issues regarding receiving my payments on my PayPal account. I have been using PayPal since last 7 years and I think it is the best and convenient one. It's really easy to operate and transfer money to my bank accounts. So if you wanna try PayPal then definitely I will suggest you PayPal for your ecommerce website.

TomasJ

PayPal/Strip if you CC/DC is not an issue for your customers. If you are thinking more globally go with a payment gateway (Adyen for instance).

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.