Advantages and Disadvantages of Buying Backlinks?

Tshepo

Which of the following is the most known advantages and disadvantage of buying backlinks for your sites?

Advantages
1. Improve keyword ranking fast
2. No time consuming for building backlinks
3. Can outrank your competitors on search engines results without spending SEO efforts.
4. Increase sales for your sites when your organic traffic is increased from buying backlinks.

Disadvantages
1. It cost money.
2. Search engines do not like people buying back links and as a result they might exclude your website from there index without any previous warning.
3. Bought back links gives less value than natural back links.
4. You don't know about how to SEO for your site, backlinks did that for you.

What are your thoughts?

EpicGlobalWeb

I agree with your "pro" points. It is faster. Google does know about backlinks now and how people buy them. They are trying to have AI solve the problem.

Tshepo

Tshepo
But why people are afraid of buying blacklinks?

If Google does not know about buying backlinks, they can do that without any SEO issues.

elcidofaguy

When examining the SERPs its pretty much clear as daylight that the sites which are ranking for competitive keywords have in vast majority of cases have manipulated the SERPs. I have no doubt that G and and other search engines know that and realise that the core ranking algorithm is far from perfect.

My suspicion is that if every site which has manipulated the SERPs through dodgy backlink aquisitions was detected and penalised we would be left with search results which are terrible for end users and thus a catch 22 situation...

As such it leaves little choice for most to compete in such a land scape with having to gain quality backlinks in amongst 99% of rubbish which is peddled out there... My best advice is do your research and be vigilant when procuring links.

SEOPub

1. It cost money.
2. Search engines do not like people buying back links and as a result they might exclude your website from there index without any previous warning.
1. Why is that a problem? Any kind of advertising costs money.
2. Only if they catch you.
3. Not true at all. You can buy some backlinks that are FAR better than most "natural" links.
4. Backlinks are the #1 ranking factor by far, so if your acquiring good links, you are doing SEO.

Mike001

I have to agree with SEOPub, of course on this topic that is not unusual.

1. Buying high quality back links that pertain to your content is usually much cheaper than Adwords on Bing or Google and most ads on advertising platforms that will bring you any targeted users. If you pick a high quality site with a reputable admin that back link will last much longer than the Ads you purchased, so overall it will be cheaper in the long run.

2. If the links you purchase pertain to your site content and are added in a high quality relevant article how could they catch you. That is where most good back-links come from.

3. As stated in 2 above, how would they know if you are selective about where they are purchased. A link is a link, the key is making certain that it appears to be natural with high quality relevant content.

4. Relevant, quality links are currently the #1 ranking factor as SEOPub stated.

Tshepo

1. Why is that a problem? Any kind of advertising costs money.
It is also a kind of adverting but the difference is it will help increasing ranking for your site. I consume you money for backlinks and it's an disadvantage.
2. Only if they catch you.
Nothing is impossible, they can catch you if they want.
3. Not true at all. You can buy some backlinks that are FAR better than most "natural" links.
If it is on same quality sites, it doesn't have the difference, what you think paid backlinks are better than "natural" links?
4. Backlinks are the #1 ranking factor by far, so if your acquiring good links, you are doing SEO.
No it's not a SEO technique, Doing SEO is far different with build ding back links by website owners or SEO people.

SEOPub

It is also a kind of adverting but the difference is it will help increasing ranking for your site. I consume you money for backlinks and it's an disadvantage.
If I am getting better rankings, then no it is not a disadvantage at all. Online marketing is not free.

Nothing is impossible, they can catch you if they want.
Yeah if you send them the receipt for your purchase. Unless you bought a link on a website with a big sign that says we sell links, Google cannot tell the difference between bought links and links that are not bought.

If it is on same quality sites, it doesn't have the difference, what you think paid backlinks are better than "natural" links?
Paid backlinks can be better. It just depends on the link. To say that a "natural" backlink is automatically better than a paid backlink is foolish and just plain wrong.

No it's not a SEO technique, Doing SEO is far different with build ding back links by website owners or SEO people.
I don't know what world you are living in, but acquiring high quality links is the #1 job of any SEO. Links are the most important ranking factor, so anyone that is selling SEO services without building and acquiring links, isn't doing their job.

Tshepo

Online marketing is not free.
You are total wrong.
Online marketing includes free and paid methods, if not, why people are needing it to drive traffic to their websites for free?

Paid backlinks can be better. It just depends on the link. To say that a "natural" backlink is automatically better than a paid backlink is foolish and just plain wrong.
It doesn't have the difference from the reply I made above.

I don't know what world you are living in
There are SEO differences if someone is living in another world?

but acquiring high quality links is the #1 job of any SEO. Links are the most important ranking factor, so anyone that is selling SEO services without building and acquiring links, isn't doing their job.
Discussing about paid backlinks, and you are talking about acquiring links, refer to paid backlinks, it is not a SEO technique.

but acquiring high quality links is the #1 job of any SEO
Yeah but if it is just for paid backklinks, they are SEO amateurs.

SEOPub

You are total wrong.
Online marketing includes free and paid methods, if not, why people are needing it to drive traffic to their websites for free?
It takes money to run any successful business. Thinking that they can just do everything for free is one of the many reasons that 99% of online marketers fail.

Discussing about paid backlinks, and you are talking about acquiring links, refer to paid backlinks, it is not a SEO technique.

Paid links are most definitely and SEO technique. Paid links are a large part of what a good SEO does.

It is not the only links they get, but paid links are a part of it. Hell, when I do outreach campaigns, 75% of the webmasters want some sort of compensation for a link being posted. That is a paid link.

StasVa

You are total wrong.
Well SEO then includes "free" methods too...
Well this is certainly only for those people who do not value their time.

That's the advantage of bying backlinks it's cheaper and faster.

... and also amateurs are people who are telling about SEO and positions without linkbuilding.

Link Building is a huge part of SEO. Optimization is not enough to get traffic.

simonsmith

Link buying or selling : not comes into the white hat search engine optimization techniques as well as search engines deny this type of link building. Its biggest disadvantage is that you can hit by search engines penalty.

Elegant_Designs

Buying links from reputable websites seems like it is in a grey area, especially if the website owner doesn't set the sponsored links to nofollow, Google may/may not penalise such links as ultimately buying links are not natural and considered gaming their system. Is a matter of time Google will catch wind, like how they have destroyed so many PBNs.

KarenByerly

Which of the following is the most known advantages and disadvantage of buying backlinks for your sites?

Advantages
1. Improve keyword ranking fast
2. No time consuming for building backlinks
3. Can outrank your competitors on search engines results without spending SEO efforts.
4. Increase sales for your sites when your organic traffic is increased from buying backlinks.

Disadvantages
1. It cost money.

What are your thoughts?
What kind of backlinks should I buy? Any suggestions?

Colombiawebs

Happy day

It is an excellent technique but with a high risk

If you are going to buy backlinks, it should be on websites with high traffic

I do not recommend buying thousands of automated backlinks, because they do it on websites with low reputations

This considers Google as spam

Blessings

joe

I don't think buying backlink has any disadvantages at all.

But!

Most people buy "spammy" backlinks - that's why they get in trouble. If you know basic SEO principles, you will be able to choose the right backlinks for your website.

In the past, you could buy backlinks from Fiverr and blast the hell out of your website and get 1# ranking but now it is not like that anymore.

One time, I worked with a client whose website is in a very competitive niche and when you look at his backlink profile, you'll see he has far less backlinks than his competitors (70% less) but all of the links are from authority websites.

Guess what?

His website ranks number 1 position on many competitive keywords. Granted, his website has a ton of content as well.

Point 1# is buying backlinks is not a bad thing for your business if you know what you are doing.
Point 2# is don't buy backlinks if you don't know squat about SEO. You will be doomed!

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
If you are going to buy backlinks, it should be on websites with high traffic
How is a website with high traffic is good enough to buy blacklinks on it? it depends on many aspects, not only high traffic then.

In the past, you could buy backlinks from Fiverr and blast the hell out of your website and get 1# ranking but now it is not like that anymore.
I guess you knew the reason why buying backlinks from Fiverr didn't work any more?

One time, I worked with a client whose website is in a very competitive niche and when you look at his backlink profile, you'll see he has far less backlinks than his competitors (70% less) but all of the links are from authority websites.

Guess what?

His website ranks number 1 position on many competitive keywords. Granted, his website has a ton of content as well.

Point 1# is buying backlinks is not a bad thing for your business if you know what you are doing.
Point 2# is don't buy backlinks if you don't know squat about SEO. You will be doomed!
You are wanting to say "quality is better than quantity", right?

joe

joe
According to the data I have on the latest Google update (on November 10, 2016), quality is definitely better than quantity.

Here's a bit more on what I have learned;

- Generic 500 word articles won't rank anymore if your domain authority isn't high.
- Say Goodbye to your rankings if your page load is more than 4 seconds.
- Have around 3 - 5 outbound links in every 1K - 2K word articles - it helps increase your credibility and Google loves it!

There are around 20 - 30 more ranking factors but these are the crucial ones.

Note: This is based on the data I've collected from my own websites and clients', it works for me.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.