Wordpress default username & admin password?

timothykiko

Hi everyone,

I just installed a Wordpress blog on a shared hosting package through the fantastico installer on my cPanel account. I would like to log in to the Wordpress admin area as administrator to start posting and installing new themes however I don't know the default Wordpress username and password. Any one tell me how can I find and change to my own username and password.

Thanks in advance.
Timothy

Rob Whisonant

Fantastico asked you to select the admin user name and password when you ran it to install Wordpress. If you already forgot it, delete the Wordpress install through Fantastico and install it again. This time remember what you selected.

Reactions: timothykiko

timothykiko

timothykiko
Exactly I forgot what I typed on the fields, I thought they are required information to finish a setup.
I deleted current my installed Wordpress blog and reinstalled it and I saw where I should set them.

Wordpress default username admin password.png

vishwa

I highly prefer manual installation of WordPress. Sometimes auto installer like softaculous cannot be able to install the WordPress perfectly on your server. Download the latest version of WordPress from the WordPress site and upload it to your website through file manager and run the installer. It will help you to prevent some ambiguity in your WordPress installation.

Riviera

There are two methods to reset Wordpress password that i want to show you, timothykiko.
Method 1. You can reset password by click: Lost your password at the wordpress login page
yourdomain . com/wp-admin

Then input your email, then click "get new password" to received the reset password email, check your mailbox.

Method 2. Open the hosting Control Panel > PHP my admin > your Wordpress Database > select the table wp_user. like this picture.

Then select column user_pass > select the MD5 encryption > input your new password.

This is the way to reset pasword without email.

For the password reset instruction, please visit:
Code:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Resetting_Your_Password
Hope that i can help you.

timothykiko

@Riviera

The method 2 is the way I am trying to change username and password but not sure I can do that with admin username? I only need to change on that table and all is done?

Riviera

Riviera
Hello timothykiko
If you are not so clear about phpmyadmin. Please visit this instruction with very detail methods. You can use method 1&2 as this URL. Method 1 is easy.
Code:
https://www.enginethemes.com/change-wordpress-admin-username/
For your question again, please visit this instruction. Be careful when working with database.
Code:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/change-admin-username/
Hope i can help.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Aby
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.