Is writing e-books worth it anymore?

Unknown

E-books or the so called electronic books. Twenty years ago nobody really wrote them or knew what they were. They began developing and growing in popularity quite fast though. And now, before you even realised, everybody prefers reading the e-books over the paper kind.

With its growth in use, of course, more and more people switched over to writing them for money. Why not? it was easy money. The e-book can be anything from a proper book, to guides, to very short kinds and more. However, as popular as it is, people now often publish or upload them for FREE, no cost whatsoever.

Therefore, I am truly wondering if writing e-books for making money is even worth it anymore? How can you compete with these books when they are either extremely cheap or, worse, completely free? How can you even earn anything with them? Unless you have a very large follower base or amazing publicity. Share your opinions!

Rob Whisonant

They can still make a lot of money if you know your market and how to monetize them. I have several ebooks that i give away for free that make me more money than ones I sell.

1. identify a serious problem many have.
2. Solve that problem.
3. Monetize the content of the ebook.
4. Give it away for free.
5. Deposit money in your bank account. :)

vinaya

There is money to be made with ebooks. You can even earn a recognition as a writer by publishing ebooks. I have not only written and published ebooks on my real name as well as ghost written ebooks. Normally I charge $60 for 5K ebooks. When I publish ebooks Amazon pays me 70 percent royalties. I was not able to sell too many copies of ebooks, but I did make good money.

LeatherCrafting

The only time eBooks are worth it is if the method is not public. Because most eBooks are on google somewhere its just about finding them.

But yes you can still make money from eBooks.

TopHatSEO

Ebooks are definitely worthwhile as a money making venture.

Competition isn't a problem - in fact its usually a sign that a market is worth focusing on.

Consider for example you have just started playing golf and you are fanatical about improving your score. Your sudden passion for golf means that you want to read everything you can on the topic.

So you don't just buy one book. You buy two, three or maybe even five.

It's like if you enjoy reading the Game of Thrones series. Most people who read one book don't just stop there. They want to read the next one in the series and the one after that.

You combine this with the growing number of people with tablets and eReaders and you have a growing market with a passion for books.

So yes there is opportunity still.

Maria_C

It is still lucrative, increasing in fact. Know how to research and compile an informative content that would add value to anyone buying it, forget about the word length and whatever. So far you are solving a problem and look at it from your perspective. Will you buy if were looking for something of that nature.

homebizmom

No, Ebooks are not dead! They are a great way to bring some extra income and even residual income if you do it right. Giving eBooks away for free are a great way to do that as well. Very simple step actually, just find a problem, solve it and monetize your eBook.

Pink_Turtle

I think it is worth it! As someone said before me you just need to learn how to market it and monetizing it. I’ve got this friend that start a tumblr page about her weight loss journey, she gain so many followers that after a while she wrote an e-book of how she lose the pounds –like recommendations and stuff like that- now she makes a living out that journey, with her ebook involve!

daniel27lt

Ebooks would have to be one of the best ways I've made money online. Not only this but to build my list. People love ebooks, and they're getting more and more popular these days with everyone having some type of electronic device. If you're a newbie and don't know where to start, PLR products is a place to start. PLR products allow you to rebrand and sell as your very own. PLR is a license that stands for private label rights which the author has passed on the rights for you to do this. I've made well over 6 figures using these products, so I know what I'm talking about :)

shilpa

Yes, writing e-books is similar to writing blogs. You write on particular subjects, find legitimate and feasible solutions to some of the problems, deliver on promises, promote your works, and tell you success story.

If you're writing as a professional writer then promoting is the best option. If you're an established writer, your readers will pay you anything for your work. Most of the times they'll even promote your work on your behalf. Remember the power of social networking sites. If someone suggests something there, it is likely to be seen by many. Remember how we promote our own favorite author. If someone asks us what we're reading, we tell that we're reading this particular author and his/her work is so good and then our friend would want to borrow our book or even buy new novels buy the same author. That's what happens in social media promotion but on a larger scale. So the profits are likely to be far more.

vishwa

eBooks are really so helpful to collect email leads if you are managing a blog especially. I have seen many pro bloggers are offering free eBooks to users who are subscribing to their email list. So, its a great way to increase your list. I am also thinking of writing an eBook for my blog. Its a great idea.

KWAKO JEAN RENE

It also depends on the content. If you give a good value to the content of your ebook, it will still be welcome

RobiN0963

Personally, I love e-books, and the saved me during the quarantine. No need to go to the bookshop or waiting for a delivery

niamul21

E-books or the so called electronic books. Twenty years ago nobody really wrote them or knew what they were. They began developing and growing in popularity quite fast though. And now, before you even realised, everybody prefers reading the e-books over the paper kind.

With its growth in use, of course, more and more people switched over to writing them for money. Why not? it was easy money. The e-book can be anything from a proper book, to guides, to very short kinds and more. However, as popular as it is, people now often publish or upload them for FREE, no cost whatsoever.

Therefore, I am truly wondering if writing e-books for making money is even worth it anymore? How can you compete with these books when they are either extremely cheap or, worse, completely free? How can you even earn anything with them? Unless you have a very large follower base or amazing publicity. Share your opinions!
Writing an ebook can be beneficial. As people are moving towards online, they are now preferring reading ebooks to hard copies. In terms of making ebooks, the cost is so tiny and this is going to help you a lot.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.