Have you ever been scammed online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eish

The quest for online jobs has made scammers bold enough to be scamming people. I remember being scammed few years back, after that experience I became wise. How do I decipher these scammers:

1 When the offer is too good to be true, then it is not true, flee
2 When you are asked to pay training fees, this usually happens in data entry work, then know that it is a scam site
3 There are sites that will not ask you for payment but will end up not paying when you want to cashout, so I always do review/google the site for better information. What about you? Have you ever been scammed and what measures did you take to curtail such?
Hi Viggn! To answer your question, no I was not but, I was close to being scammed recently. It was about an online website offering an automated system for them to generate sales on your behalf and what makes it more persuading is that they even had video captured live to invite a stranger to test their app. I definitely agree with your deciphers we should all be careful specially when they are requiring us to put our credit card details online.

jayveeramos07

Yes it happened to me and some my friends. Scammers nowadays are updating their ways on how they can trick people. Their ways are too good to be true. Most or the scams happen by using the internet with lack of precautions. Some are delighted by the figures they saw and thought that investing a certain amount of their money can lead them to those luxury. That expectations will lead them to disappointments.

It is always proper to have some research on the websites and opportunities they see within the internet. Have the website they are exploring being checked prior to inputting their personal information. A little instinct would be a help too. Happy Surfing!

Gizamulake07

Yes that has happened to me when I was still a kid. So of course, we were all so naive when we were young. So around High School, I received strange email claiming that it's a life changing video that's gonna show me how to make money online with little expense. Very intriguing and at that time, I really had no knowledge on what scams look like and how they work.

So because of that, I actually gave some important information and even a credit card number. I actually spent around 5 dollars on that day. Soon, I did find out that it was nonsense and I was so angry at that time. Pretty embarrassing, but I definitely learned my lesson. Luckily, no other charges were made with my dad's credit card only the 5 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.