Buy and Sell:Facebook or Instagram?

shanejhane

I much prefer Facebook, most of the enterpreneurs today using Facebook, as we all know that there are millions of Facebook users today, you can also have millions of viewers.
In Facebook you there's a lot of features that you can use to promote your products. You can create you own page, download many pictures and for me its much more convinient because possible customers can contact you in an easy way thru messenger.

Pbiscocho

If doing some promotions for my product, I would choose buy and sell, because there are a lot of individuals who have an interest buying a product, they usually visit a site that has a buy and sell web page which they may have an idea on what things to purchase and they can compare as well the products such in prices, features, style and color. You can also chat with or contact an agent thru buy and sell and they can explain well the features and availability of the products which they are selling. It is more effective promoting your products and services to a buy and sell website.

victoroj

Since you dont have the confidence to manage both sites, I would say Facebook is a better way to do buy and sell online. Almost everyone is using Facebook, from the millenials to the elderly, you can always find potential customers on Facebook.

kailey

I prepare facebook. Because today, Facebook is the commonly known social media account that is accessible even to those who are living in the remote areas. Most of the people living there doesn't know about Instagram, maybe they've heard about it already but they have no idea on how it works, it's function and etc. And one more thing, most big telecommunication companies are offering free facebook, and no free Instagram, that's one of the reason why numerous are using facebook than Instagram.

HazelDJ

As a newbie entrepreneur, my plan is to earn by buying and selling products through social media. I think this is the best platform to attract more consumers and buyers. Actually, I am torn between Facebook and Instagram but I do not have the confidence to manage 2 sites.
Which do you think is the best site to attract more people to buy and sell? Facebook or Instagram? or please suggest any websites you have in mind which can cater my concern.

Thank you
Based on my observation, there are more people who use Facebook to buy or sell products. From time to time, I read posts about the lots for sale and many other products. I seldom encounter that in Instagram. So, I rather recommend that you use Facebook.

PMonroe

PMonroe
I really appreciate HazelDJ,

As Facebook has developed their features step by step to their users that they can get adapt with easily.
Facebook community and group are one of their best feature which gathers a bunch of users under a topic or niche or what they are interested about.
There are many groups developed on many topic, and the best part is most of them are always active that means there plenty of potential customers are being live on those community.
I find there many groups regarding promotion or you can say Buy and sale group Where user can promote their service or product very easily. The most useful thing what I get there is one to one conversation to make a direct sale
I would never mention any single platform as a preference because every platform has been established on their own concept. Every platform has its features that has been developed to gather more users because the more crowd you can catch the more you can have your brand awareness on field.
What i always prefer to utilize all those platforms match your region and your audience.
A proper social media strategy contains multiple platform where they are connected internally.

zanghie0942

I prefer Facebook because of its many users. Yes, Instagram are also many users but I think many people are easy to access Facebook. You can use Facebook free, even you don't have load. For example in our country which is the Philippines there are network who has a promo of free FB access. Unlike IG, you need a stable internet connection to use it. And many celebrities use ig, they are not that interested in advertisement because they have sponsors. In FB you can promote and advertise your product or services in any kind of people, rich or poor, young or old.

RinziSevilla09

Hi There,

I would Prefer Facebook for Buy and Sell Purposes because, as you can see First. Facebook have Buy & Sell Groups, you could start Advertising or Post the Item you Wanna Buy, and also Facebook has it's own Buy & Sell Option purposes for Entrepreneurs. People just use Instagram for Selling for Alternate Social Media Purposes. You should focus on Facebook.

vinvill

For me its facebook its easy to navigate than instagram and much user friendly,and also it is much popular than instagram so much better exposure for the product.

CookieRunner

As a newbie entrepreneur, my plan is to earn by buying and selling products through social media. I think this is the best platform to attract more consumers and buyers. Actually, I am torn between Facebook and Instagram but I do not have the confidence to manage 2 sites.
Which do you think is the best site to attract more people to buy and sell? Facebook or Instagram? or please suggest any websites you have in mind which can cater my concern.

Thank you
Hi there Dallymdj!

If you would ask me, I would try both of the sites and see which would have more interaction to buyers or potential candidates. You can also check if you have the capability to handle both of your accounts. Because if you would ask me, I believe in more business and more sales and more interaction.

But if you really want to start with just one Social Media site, I believe that Facebook would be the greatest choice for your business. Can I also ask what kind of product are you selling? In facebook, you can make your personal account a means of adverting, aside from that one, you can also make a new account solely for your business. Apart from that, there are also buy and sell Groups that you can join and you can promote and advertise your business as well with those groups.

trendjing

Thank you

Facebook and Instagram are the widely used social media app where you can post pictures and us it to buy and sell products.

As for me, I can say that Facebook has more advantages regarding online business in general.

> On Facebook you can provide more description compare to Instagram.
> You can create a Facebook Page concentrating on the product lines you want to do.
> A photo album in Facebook can also help you organized on which category each of your product belongs.

Those are some few tips to at least help you on which platform you will use.

cassandramnt

It's better to use both so that its a 50/50, you'll get audience for sure! Just make your picture aesthetically pleasing and with good angle to highlight the product/s more. Instagram mostly caters online sellers too so it will be a good site to post your pictures with the right hashtags (#) and description of the product. Do the same on Facebook and you'll surely get your possible buyers.

edwardkenway

Actually these two sites are very useful for buy and sell. But when it comes with differentiate between these two sites, facebook will go first, because of more traffic come to this sites. And facebook has more versatile advertizing option what dont have on instagram.

joshuacabrera

I think facebook will be a much more help in buy and sell, because I think there are a lot of facebook user compared to instagam. Based on my experience, you can even make your own group about a specific product. That's a trend in my country, making money through posting your product and waiting people to comment or chat you.

linconcley

Actually these two sites are very popular for buying and selling product. Instagram is the best for selling images though its popular. But the unique thing goes to facebook, because of facebook has own advertising system which is known as boost, though its not free system. And beside it facebook has lots of group where traffic amount are huge, so this place can be nice for doing business. You can do business with facebook by creating page. For buying and selling this social media is the great platform which is works really nice.

carolinasky

Why not begin by doing a poll on your personal page: like how many of my Facebook followers use Instagram? or How many can I count on to follow my business page and check out my products? Get an idea of where you will have the most followers. Also do you go live? judging the amount of people who maybe interested in following, liking, and sharing your page to showcase your products. I like Facebook because I am linked to several groups that I can post my ads in free to share with people who are not friends or friends of friends.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.