Choosing your forum script

Holly Nicole

One big task of starting a forum is deciding which Script to use. Many scripts are free but then there are ones that are paid. While free scripts may not offer as many features as a paid script does you don't want to rule them out. You want to look in to each forum script before choosing the one you want to use. You want to look in to the plugins and themes of each script. Also be sure to check out their support community and ask around what other webmasters think.

srijit92

One big task of starting a forum is deciding which Script to use. Many scripts are free but then there are ones that are paid. While free scripts may not offer as many features as a paid script does you don't want to rule them out. You want to look in to each forum script before choosing the one you want to use. You want to look in to the plugins and themes of each script. Also be sure to check out their support community and ask around what other webmasters think.
If you are new to forum, I would recommend you to experiment with the features of free forum scripts like phpbb, smf etc for a few days. Then you can also ask for demo of paid and full featured forum scripts like VBulletin and IPB.
But please stay away from Nulled Scripts as you will regret using it later.

HostNurse

You are right. It does not matter if a script is paid or free as long as it does provide you with all or at least most of the features your looking for. The required features differs from a person to another and what a person should look for is a script capable of providing most of his/her requirements.

Also, a person should look for a script that is supported whether if it's free or paid. Generally speaking; usually paid scripts are more supported by their developers than most free scripts, that does not exclude that there are well supported free scripts.

Reactions: Holly Nicole

Holly Nicole

Holly Nicole
I agree I have seen people spend money on a script just because they see so many other websites using it. I honestly think it's about what actually matters for the website and which script meets your requirements

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.