Traffic syndication

Chancer

A few years ago i saw many traffic sharing pluggins for WP - websites in the same "traffic sharing network" displayed "ads" linking to each-other. It was like ad-sense but more crude and free.

I see such pluggins still exist but nobody is talking about them, why is that?
My first guess would be that google didn't like the competition and penalized the sites using this (though i have no proof of that, i am just guessing). But still, for sites which can't ever hope to rank well, this could be a great way to get traffic.

What i'm thinking about is small service oriented businesses - auto shops, carpet-cleaners, roofers, etc - they could benefit greatly by having their articles/links displayed on related sites. So why do i find no mention of this anywhere anymore?

Last edited:

Daniel Cortes

That sort of stuff was very common back in 2009 but Google cracked down hard on spam in 2011 or so, and link exchanges started to get de-indexed from Google's search results.

I haven't heard much about it even since.

The best way to get other sites to link to you is to send them an email and tell them about your good content and “offer them” to link to you :)

Traffic

I do still see traffic from link exchanges and it is rather targeted but often not the best deal for your own click. The exchange is generally taking a click that signed up to their members area as an affiliate to only send you back just a click. I do have a large collection of aged link exchanges in sig that i have used for years.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.