Is Blog commenting still useful for SEO

schttrj

Blog commenting has TWO important value:

1. It generates niche-relevant, targeted traffic to your site. If your site is of high quality, those visitors will refer you in their posts or social media, building organic backlinks and driving social signals.

2. It is NO-FOLLOW in nature yet with the introduction of rel=ugc tags, it can create a natural link profile for your site.

So, if you ask me, blog commenting is highly beneficial in SEO-ptimizing your site.

WebmasterPhil

Yes, blog commenting can still be useful for SEO. Of course it's not 2006 anymore but it's still a factor. The value might not help with the number of incoming backlinks but the traffic itself tells Google, Bing, etc. that your website is active. Also, if that traffic converts to viral sharing, you might eventually get real backlinks too.

Daniel Cortes

Yes, blog comments are still good.

When you build backlinks to your site, you need to get links from all sorts of places to make it look natural.

It doesn't make any sense to get powerful contextual links from authority sites without any other links.

So you need no-follow links also to diversify your links to make it look natural.

Google also get a better understanding of what your site is about if you leave comments on related blogs with authority with Google.

The links are not passing on much juice, if any, but they give relevance to your site and it helps you.

Aby

Most of the blogs that allow blog commenting have a No-follow attribute attached to the links in the blog comment. No follow links don't let the link juice flow through them. So to say that Blog commenting is OK but has not much importance to it would not be wrong.
Go ahead, do the blog commenting, but don't expect substantial results from it.
Regards.

GuptaJi

no not at all it getting backlink from blog commenting considered as a spam !!!!if it's not from HQ website

david007

Blog commenting on high PA/DA websites is ok. Better not to go for blog commenting. For alternative check latest google algorithm update.

Marketerector

Good blog! I truly love how it is nice on my eyes it is. I am wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your feed which may do the trick? Have a nice day!

Thanks

ariennem

Hello
As a blogger I would recommend that best way for SEO is making a unique content for whatever you are doing.

pinclothouse

Right now blog commenting doesn't help in SEO. blog commenting considered as a spam now...If you do many blog comments so your DA will goes decrease. But gust postiong helps you in traffic.

kikdirty

blog comments, are the most highly toxic backlinks that you can create because they are pages with numerous backlinks created by software, these backlinks permanently destroy your rank, the advice is that if you have created so many to send to google in the section disallow the block of these backlinks to save your site.

Waldenverney

Blog commenting played an essential role a few years ago to attract more traffic and build relationships with other users/readers. Unfortunately it suffered a setback due to the fact that this technique was quickly abused by spammers, with incoherent content and generic comments. Nowdays it can be effective in case your posts are genuine, meaningful and useful for other people. Simply speaking, if the comments are going to be quality and catchy then more people will follow the accompanying link. Thus traffic will increase and more people will know about your website. On this point, it is highly important to find a company like https://www.konstructdigital.com/ they will produce the most quality content ever.

Last edited:

sallysaleh

Let me give you some points from what I see daily about blog comments:

1- Many websites now have turned the link attribute in comment box to no-follow and that means they have kind of feeling that people are always use comments to spam. Unfortunately this bad feeling has also infected Google. So I do not think google will consider comment link too much but I do not think on the other side they will ignore it completely.

2- Second point many sites now require you to have an account or "sign in" via social sites in order to comment. This is another sign that traditional comments can contain bulk of spammy link. so sites owner and google want to avoid such spammy comments via compulsory login to be able to to comment.

3- If you are going to add comment then I advise you to stay away from sites that look spammy, for example when you see 500 or 1000 comments, in many languages :) this is for sure spam so avoid such posts. Try to find great site and add great comment.
add comment that add plus value to the main blog post or to follow comment under it.

- If you want to add link within the comment box, then I advise you first to contact the site's owner and get his/her acceptance.

- some sites may not allow to put full blog url in the website box, so you can check this matter with the site's owner as well.

- When you contact the site's owner for link permission, this will build trust between you and the site's owner. I think if the site's owner finds your comment and your link helpful, they may make it "do-follow" in case the comment tech system is build no-follow.

- Question: will no follow help? Simply yes
Let me ask you this: Imagine you are writing about solar system for home, which is better for you (one no-follow link from NASA, CNN, BBC ....ets) OR (10 do-follow links from zero readers spammy site)

So focus on quality content, if people find your content of high quality then people will share it on social sites, on their blogs, curators will curate your content, and you will gain more traffic and more real good backlink.

At the end of the day think of quality not quantity.

hynds

I think it's yes. Some large and useful websites/blogs are still have dofollow comment section which are helpful for SEO. however Google also considers nofollow is good too, especially on the content in same industry.

vincetucker

YES, blog commenting is still useful but you have to keep few things in mind in order to get most benefit out of your blog commenting work.

1. Always do blog commenting on posts which are related to your niche
2. Try to post comments on recently published posts
3. Avoid posting your comments when there are already hundreds of comments posted on a post
4. Keep on changing your anchor text to get backlinks

Brill Mindz

Google doesnt have much problem with a person using blog commenting as long as the content of the comment is valuable with respect to the post on which the comment has been made. This has been done to prevent blackhat SEO techniques like comment spamming to affect the blog.

Aria Mathew

In my point of view, blog commenting its helping still now.

Its one of the natural backlink strategy in SEO. But we have to choose the relevant blogs. Otherwise its not worthy.

Stellamart

I know that article posting, forums, guest posting are important to improve your DA. Is Blog commenting also have same importance, lot of people said blog commenting is a out dated technique. I want to know if commenting on random blogs effect my sits authority.
Frankly, Blog commenting has no significant role in improving SEO for your site, it may be helpful occasionally for driving traffic but not to that extent.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.