Which Sitemap is good for SEO?

hoangvu

Hello SEO,

Let me confirm which sitemap is good for SEO?

1. HTML
2. .XML

One good SEO always follow to sitemap but which sitemap is good for website xml or html. if .xml is good so why? if html so why? awaiting reply on my thread.

PankajS

Hi,
XML site map is always good for SEO because.search engine read only XML sitemap to crawl internal links of your website.HTML site map use only for visitor to find specific page or link in website.you should apply both format of sitemap XML for search engine and HTML for user but XML is most important then HTML.

Maxwell

Good hear to from your side pankajs. I will be go on your words for sitemap generation for website.

invigo

Hi,
Google XML site map for your favorite search engines.

Although the format is referred to as Google Site Map format, the other major search engines (Yahoo, MSN, Ask.com) have agreed with Google on this format, so they will all be able to use the same site map.

Get the Google XML Sitemap Plugin, which auto-generates a site map in Google Site Map format. This plugin also updates the site map every time you make a blog post.

You absolutely do NOT want to be updating a site map by hand every time you post. Unless of course you would find that therapeutic. :)

TwitWeb

Of course, XML sitemap is good for SEO and sitemap provides easy navigation to the visitors it helps in easy indexing too.

Prabha Yadav

Html and XML both sitemap are important for a website as it navigate crawlers and users. However, if you want to know relative to seo then XML sitemap is best.

aishasony

A site map displays the inner framework and organization of your site's content to the search engines
From user point of view HTML sitemap is better but from search engine point of view
XML site map is good. for SEO, which effectively provides an easy-to-read link dump for the spiders to index.Provides a pathway for the search engine robots to follow.

OWF

It lets search engines crawl your web pages effective. XML and HTML are both good.

Dadee

first you should understand what main function of sitemap. sitemap gives bots information about your website pages. no matter what kind of this data. you just able to add some more info in xml sitemap, than in html, but on search results type of this data dosen't effect.

markwillson400

Without any doubt XML sitemap is good for SEO because XML sitemap is the roadmap of every website...

hoangvu

hoangvu
I agree with you, xml sitemap is important for website and it helps Google crawl your site easily but I've read in a SEO book that you needn't a sitemap it will be better for your website if Google itself must find links through system link on your site to crawl and making list of indexed pages :D

contech

sitemap can help your website rank in google. it is the navigation of every page of the website.

americostech

It lets search engines crawl your web pages effective. XML and HTML are both good.

Top Niche Websites

Will not hurt to have both types of sitemaps and you will be submitting your XML map to google and bing.

Jacqueline

XML sitemap are good for SEO building. The web crawler search for the XML sitemap for the link building.

subin

XML sitemap generator is best tool to identify all search engines.

BloodMaster

I prefer HTML sitemap Because I gives my readers good facilities. HTML Sitemap is used by people find to content on your site. You should have one to help people find what they are looking for. This can also be crawled by the search engines. In other side XML Sitemap is designed for robots from the SEs. People do not use this to find the content that they are looking for.

HansenBoy

xml is good and that's why i and many people are using it. it is easier for spiders to crawl in xml sitemap.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.