The number of backlinks that you need to be visible on SERPs

simonrichard

Have you guys ever wonder, what is the minimum number of backlinks that you need for a keyword to be ranked on the top?
The answer is that it's around the same number of links that the result you can find on the top-ranking pages already had.
You can calculate it by taking around 10 top results through any link checking tool, in my case I use ahref.
The number of backlinks that you need is the average of the backlink from the unique websites that you are about to compete within that niche.
The backlink is one of the factors of ranking your site but remember you still have to focus on bringing real knowledge to your readers, and after all the one who ranking your website is your customers google is just serving their needs.

Brill Mindz

One of the better things I've learned at any SEO conference is to look at the metrics of the top 5 or top 10 competitors in your niche, and mimic the metrics, not the tactics. In other words, don't worry about getting the same links as they do, but rather understand the metrics behind those links to understand what the threshold is to compete. Hope this helps.

tozman

That is true if content of your page is similar to pages occupying top ranks, if You have unique relevant content, you need less backlinks to compete.

SEOPub

Have you guys ever wonder, what is the minimum number of backlinks that you need for a keyword to be ranked on the top?
The answer is that it's around the same number of links that the result you can find on the top-ranking pages already had.
You can calculate it by taking around 10 top results through any link checking tool, in my case I use ahref.
The number of backlinks that you need is the average of the backlink from the unique websites that you are about to compete within that niche.
The backlink is one of the factors of ranking your site but remember you still have to focus on bringing real knowledge to your readers, and after all the one who ranking your website is your customers google is just serving their needs.
Jesus. Literally everything you said is absolutely wrong. The number of links is not important. All links are not equal. I have beaten pages with thousands of links with just 3-4 decent links.

Nobody should follow this advice. It's a terrible idea.

simonrichard

Jesus. Literally everything you said is absolutely wrong. The number of links is not important. All links are not equal. I have beaten pages with thousands of links with just 3-4 decent links.

Nobody should follow this advice. It's a terrible idea.
really sorry about this, so everything i have been taught is wrong? i thought that the number of link versus the top posts must be in that way and we haven't talk about the quality of them ?

malvika_singh

Best answer
Yes, backlinks are an important factor but now we should also focus on the relevancy of the content which has beaten backlinks game for so many websites. This new Google update is all about relevant and high-quality content and maybe the next few updates would change the way we worked on SEO. Thus, create or outsource high-quality content + create powerful backlinks and you are good to go.
Thank you for sharing the insights.

Aby

The number of backlinks needed to rank on the first page in SERPs is niche dependent. There is a great tool for Keyword surfer that answers your questions in this regard.
All you have to do is install the chrome extension and then type in a keyword in Google and it will tell you the number of backlinks every page on those SERPs owns. This is will tell you the quality and the number of backlinks you need to get to rank higher than them.

susanburling

Google or any SEO expert has never said that you need any specific number of backlinks to rank any keyword on the search engine. If you are targeting a low competitive keyword you can rank even having few numbers of backlinks further you are smarter..

geek

The number of backlinks means nothing, hundreds backlinks from non-relevant or spammy pages could have zero impact and one relevant .edu backlink will beat them all. Also, backlinks with different age have different weight.
There is a great tool for Keyword surfer that answers your questions in this regard.
All you have to do is install the chrome extension and then type in a keyword in Google and it will tell you the number of backlinks every page on those SERPs owns.
It seems that the latest version of Keyword Surfer doesn't show domain backlinks anymore.

ewcapqoeke

The importance is to have backlinks to your own website with Whitehat methods. If you check competitors website backlinks ahref then there will be many other websites ranking in Google Top 10 having blackhat backlinks.
The point here now to discuss is weather to have whitehat backlinks all the time or create blackhat also if other websites are ranking with these kind of backlinks?

SClikes

Ahrefs is a big platform to collect more backlinks. You can also check competitor backlinks and more things. I fully agree with 'simonrichard'

seoconsultant

Here, the important thing is not the quantity, but the quality. You can have thousands of backlinks, but if they be spammy, not relevant, etc., then they will only negatively affect your site rankings.

You only need relevant links from websites with real traffic. Also pay attention to the anchors, as proper anchors can increased the value of that backlink.

paul1129

@SEOPub pub said it right. Link quality is all that matters. Page's get ranked every now & then with just few links, outranking those who have thousands.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.