Which SEO-Friendly URL Structure is better ?

hoangvu

Hi all,

I have 2 structures about URLs like example.com/post-name/ and example.com/post-name.html
Can you suggest me Which SEO-Friendly URL Structure is better ? and why ?

Thank you

MagnumDirectory

The big difference between the two urls you provided is one of them takes the instance of a folder (/post-name/) while (post-name.html) is just a basic page. If you plan on having many pages within /post-name/ then use that. Using htaccess you can make it look even better with just /post-name without the trailing slash or the file extension.

/post-name/ has two main advantages, one you can have many links within it and two its shorter and easier to remember. However, post-name.html "could" become more powerful if using it in cases such as this:

Example 1:
/service/seo
/seo-service.html

If you are using:
/seo-service/
/seo-service.html

There probably won't be that big of a difference as compared to the example 1. Personally, I prefer having pages without file extension.

Jack London

Hi all,

I have 2 structures about URLs like example.com/post-name/ and example.com/post-name.html
Can you suggest me Which SEO-Friendly URL Structure is better ? and why ?

Thank you
According to me, if you use url struction for directory ( category ) you should use this example.com/category-name/ and for your post .html may be better, should be example.com/post-name.html

Just my ideas :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
OWF
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.