Is it possible to create two websites with same content without being penalized SEO?

zinavoindia

Is it possible to create two websites with same content without being penalized SEO?

OliveFox

Can someone please explain why do they penalize for that?

EngagementRingsUSA

EngagementRingsUSA
The short answer is user experience. If two websites have exactly the same content then, all else equal, the algo has no viable means by which to serve one website instead of another in search results. In that scenario, what we often see is that neither website is served in search results. The algo is designed to maximize the relevance, helping the user find what they're looking for in the shortest time frame possible.

But even more importantly, may I ask what the purpose would be of creating two websites with exactly the same content? I can't think of any scenarios in which this would be beneficial to the owner of the websites.

RenderedElite

It's definitely not recommended. I can say that I've had people copy my exact website, reupload it to their domain with their logo in place of mine, and actually rank for my articles before me. This was a few years back, hopefully something has changed.

What is your purpose for using the same content? Is it a unique situation? Please explain more if you have time.

Rob Whisonant

Do you know what syndication is? Have you ever seen Google penalize a website that posts syndicated content? Lot's of news sites do this. Have you ever seen one penalized?

They may give weight to the original website that posted it first. But they don't penalize a site for posting something that was syndicated. If they did, all the syndicated news sites would not show in search listings.

Now I have seen Google penalize a page when the same article is posted on the SAME website multiple times. Duplicate content concerns the same content on multiple pages of the same website.

digitalone

No, You can not make two website with same content. It will impact your website.

Bestpsychichealers

Here are two ways I would like to explain this case:

If you wish to promote only one out of two domains, then I recommend disallowing the second domain with rel="canonical" from getting crawled by search engines OR using rel="canonical" tags to prevent duplicate content from being crawled. If you would like, you could also use Domain Pointer to point the secondary domain to the primary domain, which would allow automatic updating of the secondary domain whenever changes are made to the primary domain.

You might run into trouble if you promote two websites that have similar content because Google will easily identify domains with original content and will automatically devalue those with duplicated content from search engine results.

aliciasierra

I do not recommended on this becuase there is not certain date when Google will change in their algorithm. If it will happen then your on website ranking go down rapidly. So publish unique and relevant on your website.

aashisk

No, you cannot have two websites with same content. When Google crawls our website it makes sure that the content is not copied. As per Google's policies, only one website is allowed with a particular website. So, if two websites will have same content, Google with delete one and may charge you penalty as well.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.