Android OS Vs. Apple iOS, Which is Better for Developers?

Jack London

Hi all,

With the number of smartphone users increasing each day thus increase in the number of app developers for the same. But, if you are an app developer then you will choose which OS for your job and what advantages for OS flatform that you chose ?

Waiting for good responses...

Mark Steve

I think both are good and rulling the mobile industry. I personally like Android because I am using this for a while.

steveschmidt85

Both are great for developing an application. It's depend on developers skill and experience.

walrusapp

As per my view, it totally depends on developer interest like I have iOS and just create a social app for iOS called Walrus which is coming soon.

novandak

Both iOS and Android are good but Android is an open source platform. All the handset and tablet manufacturers have Android whereas iOS is only used by Apple. As such Android has more of an appeal. But it is really a matter of choice.

Daniel@30

Yes, Jack I completely agree with you that the number of smartphone users increasing each day, there is an equal number of increase in the app developers and Mobile App Development companies too for the same. Though all developers have a lot of mobile platforms to select from, But they would most probably select one of the two most popular mobile OS’ today, Apple's iOS and Google’s Android OS.

So, Now the question is which of these is better for developers and why?

Here is a short comparison between the Apple iOS and the Android OS for developers:

The Android OS mainly uses Java, which is the common programming language generally used by developers. Hence, developing Android app gets very much easier for most developers.

The iPhone OS uses mainly Apple’s Objective-C language, which can mostly be resolved by the app developers who are already familiar with C and C++. This being more exclusive and may become a stumbling block for the developers who are not too expert in other programming languages.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.