How can I remove old URLs from Google's index?

brycek379

Greetings, I search for advice. Lately, I've been changing the URLs of some pages on my site, and now Google has included all the URLs, both old and late, in the index. Which way do I delete old URLs from the index without loss?

rallison

Greetings, I search for advice. Lately, I've been changing the URLs of some pages on my site, and now Google has included all the URLs, both old and late, in the index. Which way do I delete old URLs from the index without loss?
Sign in to your Google Search Console account. Choose the correct attribute. Click the Delete button in the right column menu. Select Remove this URL only , enter the URL to remove, and click the Next button.

Dopani

Make a redirection to a new page that you want, it will be a good idea to solve this problem.

webxeross

To remove a URL (web page) from your own website from Google’s search index, while leaving it active on your website, there are two options available. One uses the robots meta-tag, the other is a quick method using Google Search Console

Bestpsychichealers

You must be logged in to your Google Search Console account. Choose your property. On the right side, click Removals. You can choose to Remove this URL only, enter the URL you want to remove, and click Next.

JohnWeb

Also remember, you can prevent a page or other resource from appearing in Google Search by including a noindex meta tag or header in the HTTP response. When Googlebot next crawls that page and sees the tag or header, Googlebot will drop that page entirely from Google Search results, regardless of whether other sites link to it.

A robots. txt file tells search engine crawlers which URLs the crawler can access on your site. This is used mainly to avoid overloading your site with requests; it is not a mechanism for keeping a web page out of Google. To keep a web page out of Google, block indexing with noindex or password-protect the page.

amysimmons

You don't need to delete the old URL instead you can redirect them with the new URL or new pages. If the user clicks on the old URL you can redirect them to the new URL or the new page. So you can get more benefits without deleting the old URLs.
You can also do robot.txt to allow and disallow indexing.

Last edited:

rajneesh

To request elimination of a listing or site, click on on the website online in question, then go to Site configuration > Crawler get admission to > Remove URL. If you enter the root of your web page as the URL you favor to remove, you may be requested to verify that you prefer to eliminate the whole site.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.