Journey to a Job

alfonzob707

I'm getting into digital marketing and i've come here to ask what are some of the best ways to make connections soley online to eventually land a job or jobs in SEO/ and Content Marketing. Also I'm taking the course and I guess i'm confused as to how to put all of this into practice. Say I go up to a shoe store and i'm approaching them to give them my services. What are the points that I need to tell them. How do I sell them on it? I know I need to volunteer and i'm willing just would like some idea of where to start

bijutoha

IMO, you must go with a professional website or portfolio. This is a great way to showcase your skills and experience.

Harry9Fool

First of all they should trust you and the work you do. Therefore they would need some proof of your work. If you can't find any paying jobs at the moment, try doing some for free, something like try my services for free and if you enjoy it please leave a review. Then after you have a considerable amount of such 'jobs' or you feel confident in the quality of your service, you can go to said shoe store and show them how your service has benefited other businesses. It especially helps if you previously had jobs for other shoe stores, or something close to this industry, this shows that your skills are applicable to this niche as well

alfonzob707

alfonzob707
Okay so as far as getting into it…I understand that SEO is changing a lot on a website to make it rank. For instance compressing images to size, Fitting Title words and meta descriptions. So do you have to code to edit features like this. I’m in the process of studying HTML however I just want to know what it takes. I feel like its not as easy as login to their wordpress account. If that’s what they run it on.

hipcat

Yes, create a website showing off your work that you can present to potential clients, but to convince them WHY they should hire you just appeal to their bottom line by telling them you can increase their profits by bringing in more customers via your SEO work, social media marketing, etc.

Reactions: alfonzob707

alfonzob707

alfonzob707
are any of these points more relevent or valuable than the other? Is there one i should really dive deep and “agitate the problem” as Dan Koe on Youtube says. Just tryna get some more clarity before I dive super deep. I know no one around me who even knows what SEO is or even what coding is. I live in memphis btw

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads