Footer Links vs. Content-Embedded Links - Which is More Effective?

Nemanja

Premium Member
I'm in the process of refining my website's SEO strategy and am facing a dilemma regarding the most effective placement of links for optimal SEO impact. I'm deliberating between including links in the website's footer, which is consistent across all pages, or embedding them within the content of each article.

Could you advise on which method is more effective and explain the reasons behind it?

Dopani

Placing links within your articles is way better for SEO than sticking them in the footer. Links in content make more sense to search engines because they're relevant to the topic at hand, and people are more likely to click on them. Footer links? Not so much. They can look spammy to Google, which might hurt your site. Stick to weaving links into your articles where they fit naturally.

Brick John

Place links of important pages in footer like privacy policy pages, about us, etc. they are just to navigate the users and you can also give some "About Us" info in the footer, and never include in your content internal linking. In content internal links, add only links that are relevant, when you can relate some part of content to the any article that has similarities.

Last edited:

gplforever.com

It's better to put links directly within your articles rather than just in the footer.

Why? Because when people are reading your content, they're more likely to click on links that are right there in front of them. Plus, search engines like Google pay more attention to links within your content because they help understand what your page is about.

So, for better SEO and user engagement, sprinkle those links throughout your articles!

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views