Are You Posting Google Web Stories?

profitnest

Google Web Stories are constantly featured in Google Discover - but they are also a great way to rank high in regular SERPs! Within the past 12 months we have witnessed web stories get less traffic from Discover and MORE from search. Is anyone here posting web stories? Please share your experiences!

If you're not posting them - install the free and official Google Web Stories plugin for WordPress and get started. It's easy!!

hipcat

Will this go from being a good thing to something saturated quickly, like Google News was back in the day?

Reactions: profitnest

profitnest

profitnest
I don't think so, it can't be. Even with web stories it's not easy to get in, Google is picky and there is no guaranteed way to get in Discover so it can't really get saturated. People try hard, but never make it.

YasirKhan1

I haven't used web stories before, My website is one year old, but it is not showing on Google Discover!

How do I manually check if my website is available on Discover or not?

profitnest

The traffic spike is obvious, but you can also see in Search Console.

Screenshot from 2024-03-10 04-30-59.png

As you can see, this website doesn't have much traffic and isn't anything special. However, it was able to get in Discover using the right type of content with the right type of headlines. It's also a local-based site.

The Discover tab on the left is the first thing you will notice other than traffic. Or you can try https://search.google.com/search-console/performance/discover?resource_id=https://YOURURL.COM/ - but that's unlikely to show anything different if the tab isn't open yet lol.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views