[Deliverability] My mistake suggesting migrate from Mailchimp to Zoho Campaigns

hcoliqueo

I often boast of having two and a half decades of proffesional experience. However, even today I am ashamed of rude mistakes like the one I am commenting on now: suggesting Zoho Campaigns to a new client that where using Mailchimp without problems, he took that option and paid me to migrate and run campaign.
The truth is that during 25 years of experience in countless topics of Marketing, Design, Communication, Advertising, Systems and Technology, among others (since I am self-taught) I have undoubtedly learned and done many things (many of them very well, always with a lot of effort and dedication, more than necessary too) I have almost never specialized and focused on just one thing. So although I have been able to solve aspects of Email Marketing from end to end for more than two decades, my focus on it has been sporadic and, thats probably why, I believe made the mistake that I mentioned in the title.
My client didnt have technical problems with Mailchimp and just because of some savings that Zoho Campaigns represented I did not have enough consideration about the risks of suffering issues with deliverability to the inbox. That'so in our first campaign in Zoho we got a very low open rate (3%) compared to the 15% they had been maintaining in Mailchimp. :cautious::censored::cry: no excuses.
They were sending with mailchimp with an @gmail account, my decision were to use own domain name that had a clean IP reputation. (using the DKIM and SPF of the email marketing provider).
Now once we faced with the bad decision that I suggested to my client, I don't know how to act, other than, as I always do, state my mistake with honesty and willingness to help in the resolution.
Has anyone else had these problems? Do you suggest anything to me?

BawejaMedia

It's understandable to feel disappointed when a decision doesn't yield the expected results, especially when it affects a client's satisfaction. Acknowledging your mistake and taking responsibility is the first step towards finding a solution. Here are some suggestions to address the situation:

1. Apologize and Take Responsibility: Be honest with your client about the mistake and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. Emphasize your commitment to finding a solution and rectifying the situation.
  2. Assess the Issue: Thoroughly investigate the reasons behind the low open rate in Zoho Campaigns. Consider factors such as deliverability, email design, audience targeting, and content relevance. Identify any potential issues or areas for improvement.
  3. Communicate with the Client: Keep your client informed throughout the process. Provide them with transparent updates on the situation, including your findings, proposed solutions, and any necessary adjustments to the campaign strategy.
  4. Consider Reverting to Mailchimp: If Zoho Campaigns is not meeting expectations and Mailchimp was working well for the client previously, consider reverting to Mailchimp. Explain the situation to your client and discuss the possibility of migrating back to Mailchimp to ensure consistent performance and reliability.
  5. Implement Best Practices: Review best practices for email marketing, including list hygiene, segmentation, personalization, and A/B testing. Implement these practices to improve the effectiveness of future campaigns and maximize engagement.
  6. Monitor and Optimize: Continuously monitor the performance of the email campaigns in Zoho Campaigns and make adjustments as needed. Test different elements such as subject lines, sender names, and sending times to optimize open rates and overall engagement.
  7. Seek Expert Advice if Needed: If you're unsure how to address specific issues or improve campaign performance, consider seeking advice from email marketing experts or consulting with professionals who specialize in deliverability and optimization.
  8. Learn from the Experience: Use this experience as an opportunity to learn and grow. Reflect on what went wrong, what you could have done differently, and how you can prevent similar mistakes in the future. Continuous learning and improvement are essential in any professional field.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.