Should We Insert Keywords into URL in SEO?

Andrea

The answer is YES.

Keywords in url, or path, can increase substantially the rank of your site. That’s why many webmasters like to do it. Google will judge the quality of your site from the url first. A good url can effect the search engine positively. So we must pay more attention to it.

The first one is static page. We should put keywords into the url of static page, because it will be more easily accepted by Google. Several sites I supervised obtained good rank and their ranks are higher than other pages including homepages. We can see clearly that Google like static pages pretty much.

Besides, both product pages and article pages need url design. We’d better add keywords at the end of the path for article pages. But keywords should not be abused. Attention should be made that the keywords on each page are different. If the same keywords are used everywhere, Google will not look at it favorably.

When inserting keywords, we should keep an eye on the length of the url. The spider cannot grab the keywords beyond certain length. Many dynamic websites like to add a number of parameters at the end of their url. This is not welcome by search engines. So inserting keywords into static url is a better choice.

Form the instructions above, I think it become more clear how to optimize url. If you are uncertain you should give it a try. Nobody is a born SEOer. It depends on the experience. You must have faith and patience to make a difference.

Dmoz

God blesses you, Andrea, you have good instructions about insert Keywords into URL in SEO, It's very useful to someone here. I used to buy domains having keywords in URl, and it's very easy to get high rankings on Google over sites without keywords in URL. But not quite, in any cases you can choose short domain without keywords in url instead, It's still good for brand or easy to remember for visitors. :)

Andrea

Hi,Thank you very much. i just share a friend's post here. Thank you for your comment.

Jack London

When inserting keywords, we should keep an eye on the length of the url. The spider cannot grab the keywords beyond certain length. Many dynamic websites like to add a number of parameters at the end of their url. This is not welcome by search engines. So inserting keywords into static url is a better choice.
Agree to this opinion, insert keywords into domain are important and easy get high rankings but you need to care about length of your domain, shouldn't too long for a perfect domain name.

khalid

It is very important to insert keyword in the url and it will helpful for seo

avinav.rathore

Inserting the link in the backward. It will increase the traffic of specified web sites.

Andrea

HI ,thank you for your comment. We do seek backward, If you have many in hand, you can send message to my nail.

BloodMaster

In SEO keyword is very important and after all users enter in site with keyword that he/she search on SEs. So, insert keyword in the URL is good for both site owner as well as SEO purpose. Here you have awesome instruction of this. It is surely helpful for other members who are not aware from it. :thumb::clap:

Last edited:

Shirley_Sharp

Yes of-course it is a very user friendly way to drop keywords into URL search process become easy, but at the same point people must take care of the length of keyword that too lengthy keyword in URL should not degrade the perfection of a effective domain name.
And you must check penguin 2.0 update regarding this.

aditya4all

YES! Permalink plays a major role in SEO. Try to put targeted keywords which make sense to your post.

raghavraaz

Yes you can insert keyword in to the URL. that will help you in keyword ranks

JohnWashington

By inserting keywords in site URL is not only sufficient to boost site ranking you have to also optimize the content in the website, meta keywords, meta description etc.

expmrb

expmrb
I agree, only inserting keywords is not enough, one should put keywords also in title, meta, sub-heading, content. More over keeping in mind the keyword density.

MOWG

Yeah this is very important to insert URL in keyword. If our URL shows our keyword then the Google Crawl is very easily search and save this in his history. The biggest thing is that we can improve our site.

Deepak Kaushik

Yes, this is true that we have to target keywords in URLs i.e. using static pages URLs not ID based URL. And also it is important that we have to focus on length of URL too. It should be in their limit.

buywebtraffic

Agree on this..I always do this..Especially on Wordpress platforms as its easy to modify..

imenuglobal

Inserting the link in the backward. It will increase the traffic of specified web sites.

pramod

I think you should not use the Keywords in your Website Page URL/Website Domain Name unless the Page content matches the targeted Keywords, you should also provide useful informative content for your Keywords if you have used the Keywords in your URL.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.