Internal pages are ranking instead of home page

ranks

I have done seo of a website. Its home page was ranking on the first of google for the targeted keywords. But suddenly google rolled out an update on oct 4. and I lost all my website rankings. Now their internal pages are ranking in the SERP's instead of home page. Its home is not visible in the SERPs. What should I do to bring back its home page in the SERPs.

hoangvu

You are right, don't focus on homepage for specific keywords, let do seo for internal page with its keywords, it will be better for your website. If you want to bring home page back SERPs, you need to remove spam links or backlinks on low quality sites by disallow tool in google webmaster tool. Update fresh and unique to website regularly. Also you try to find some tips on this forum, more useful SEO tips here.

PhilipAlcaraz

I think this is because of Google's update Penguin 2.1, as we heard about this algorithm, it removed ranking of pages which has anchor text on their backlinks at bulk or the pages which had lots of spammy links. So as Stephen said you need to remove those spammy links first. Then go for linkbuilding with natural links.

JakePeter

Yes due to penguin effect and some other updation several websites got down in ranking position, rather then focusing on just home page you must focus on each and every page and entire website to get your ranking back.

prostay

Its not necessary that only homepage should be there for targeted Keywords, internal pages rankings are also very good for Website. Optimize your homepage in well manner with a proper content and also do not stuff keywords so there will be chances of regain your result.

Ric

Make some changes in your home page and start some social media optimization for home page.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.