How important is it to know HTML for online business?

Jack London

I knew HTML and basic wordpress so I can build a website to run a online business campaign. Honestly if I don't know about HTML, it's very difficult to have success, not only for online business but SEO and related things on the internet.

CarolSartor

Knowledge of HTML is compulsory while doing on page SEO without this we can't understand how to, where to insert meta tags and meta description in the title and if on page SEO is wrong then whole SEO process collapse.

Mark I. Bentz

The main aspects of the business is the marketing.Knowledge of HTML is important for the online business because there are so many tags used in the website to understand that you should have the knowledge of HTML.

arossi

I do know HTML, CSS and graphic design. Will it make or break your online business. NO. Is it helpful so you don't have pay someone. YES. If your focus is on your business then keep it there. There are plenty of templates and software to assist you. Learn some basic web and graphic applications in you spare time.

Inboxtrail

Actually in the long run knowing html (know how to use an html program) is fine, hiring people in my opinion is good but it's something though because you have to wait for them to finish the work and be satisfied etc.. In internet marketing it really helps to know a bit of everything and go from there.

roland03

In the modern internet world, I don't believe it is necessary to know HTML at all. There was a time when the only people who could place a website on the internet were those who knew how to code websites properly, but those days are long gone. With the invention of platforms such as Wordpress and Joomla there is no longer need to know HTML in order to create an online presence. I would agree that having the knowledge of coding can provide advantages over those who don't know how to code, but there are plenty of websites where one can hire a freelance coder for situations that may arise where coding is necessary.

Inboxtrail

Technical knowledge

Definitely NOT necessary but does help a lot is what I meant. If you know nothing then its hard to be sure the job was well done..

In the modern internet world, I don't believe it is necessary to know HTML at all. There was a time when the only people who could place a website on the internet were those who knew how to code websites properly, but those days are long gone. With the invention of platforms such as Wordpress and Joomla there is no longer need to know HTML in order to create an online presence. I would agree that having the knowledge of coding can provide advantages over those who don't know how to code, but there are plenty of websites where one can hire a freelance coder for situations that may arise where coding is necessary.

Darwin H. Thomas

If you don't have any knowledge of SEO then you can't be an expert in SEO or online marketing because HTML is the base of both. If you are working on Wordpress site then is most important for you.

stevenj

It has been my experience that when I want to change something on my site that is annoying me e.g the color of something or menu placement then its best to use a tool such as Firebug that lets you hover over your website and will show you the exact line of HTML or css that you need to change. That way you can isolate the code you need to change.

It is best practice to use a child theme as well because you don't want to go messing around with your theme code as you may change something that you can't fix back.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.