Is Traffic good or bad?

fromrachel

My website are getting huge traffic day by day. Although I feel good but I don't know that whether it would be good or bad for my website or not. Because I cannot see (literally) the profit. Please suggest...

Darwin H. Thomas

According to me organic traffic is always good for a website, but a paid traffic is not good for a website. Organic traffic means naturally generated traffic from Google.

stevenj

There are two things you need to look at if your traffic isn't converting:

1. Where is your traffic coming from, are they targeted people or are they instantly bouncing from your website. You can do this by finding out what keywords are bringing you the most traffic or use a link tracker to track what links are being clicked on.

2. If it is the case that your traffic is targeted then the issue will be with conversion. Have a look at your sites design, sales copy and what products are being offered. You need to treat your traffic like a heard of sheep and literally guide them through the sales process.

kazoone

How are you trying to monetize your traffic? And what is "huge" traffic?

smartlink

I'm going to jump on the agreeing bandwagon and say yes traffic is good but if it's fake traffic it can hurt your site overtime. If you're getting a ton of traffic and not making a profit, it could be the way your trying to monitize that you need to fix.

TanyaDim

Definitely if you have big traffic is good and you can earn money from that :) That's mean many people see your site and of course this is knife with two blades if the traffic is not good... :scooter:

sarvodyadelhi

Do work to generate organic traffic instead of paid traffic or refferal traffic because organic traffic is more beneficial and gives you more profit

imjava

Hi everybody,
I think traffic is good for website.One of webmasters said just organic can be good,but I'm against with him,Because for example email marketing is effective for a internet shoping but it is not organic traffic.Isn't it?

tamha

Traffic from good domain with PA value and DA value in high level is good

KristinaRoy

fromrachel, if you are getting huge traffic everyday but it is not helping you to make traffic means it is not targeted traffic. You should register your website in Google Analytics or in any other visitor counter to check visitor path. You should focus on targeted traffic.

vithu

Traffic is good only. But it should be an organic traffic and it shows your website reaching many people.

saifalikhan014

No one likes to be stuck in traffic. But while empty streets may look great from behind the wheel of a car, they could signal a city in distress. A new study identifies the tipping point at which congestion becomes a drag on a city's economy.

NaturalWriter

NaturalWriter
I like this analogy. Interesting way of putting it... Especially when the traffic is literally getting you no where fast!

There have been so many great things posted on this thread to investigate. My questions (as many here have asked) are...

1. What type of traffic are you getting? Are you paying for traffic? If so, is it being drip fed (over time at a slow and steady pace), or is it being hit at an unnatural rate? If the paid traffic is coming in big chunks, or if it's too fast then it can be deemed as unnatural. Google penalizes sites like that.

2. Are you getting hit by those darn spam bots? Have a look at your server stats (or get the person that's hosting your site to have a look for you). If the majority of visits are coming from Russia or China, then I hate to say it... But you're over run with spam...

3. Does the content of your site, truly match up with your services and products? You could be attracting visitors looking for bananas when your site is for desks...

4. Perhaps your content is watered down with too many keywords? Google can sometimes cancel out keywords that are overused on the website or blog.

5. Do you update your content at all? Once again, Google can take you off the map if you haven't updated your site in a while.

6. Perhaps you can Ping your url to get it re-crawled by all the search engines...

I hope this was helpful :)

pramod

Hi,

My website are getting huge traffic day by day. Although I feel good but I don't know that whether it would be good or bad for my website or not. Because I cannot see (literally) the profit. Please suggest...
If you have good amount of traffic it's really a good sign, while if you do not have any profit it seems the visitors don't find your Website suitable or benefited for them.

Check the bounce rate for your site, to know if visitors are moving to other pages of your Website, if not then this is only the case you do not have much profit.

And the solution is to make your landing page more effective with some good design, layout & then load with some more information.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

Hi everybody,
I think traffic is good for website.One of webmasters said just organic can be good,but I'm against with him,Because for example email marketing is effective for a internet shoping but it is not organic traffic.Isn't it?
If you are against the webmaster who said organic traffic can be good, then I am against you. I think even you may be searching on Google for your requirements & you may also reach to some of the website which will fulfill your requirements. While in this case the Website where your needs are fulfilled have an organic traffic. And mostly Internet Shopping is done searching the products on search engines & then moving up to the main site to buy the products, Right?

:eek:nhorse:

Traffic from good domain with PA value and DA value in high level is good
Why? :confused:

Traffic is good only. But it should be an organic traffic and it shows your website reaching many people.
What if there is an organic traffic to the website, still no profit then how it can be good? :think:

fastreplies

1. Check to see if your site bombarded by the Bots.
2. You might overused SEO and now you're paying the price for not delivering
stuff that made them to find you and to come to your site in a first place.

Now, traffic that doesn't converts into cash is costing you money considering
all the expenses, investment in time and efforts related to maintaining site.

It's solely up to you to find what you are doing wrong and to fix it ASAP.

:)

sarah maegan

Getting traffic is not a big deal. Only organic and referral traffic that comes form unique visitors makes all the sense!
Even if you are opening your website on and often, your traffic or alexa rank will get improved, but that does not mean your website is running on its best.

Corobo

Example about traffic - my blog is number 3 out of 25,468 other sites because I blog consistently. Its very important to give out value and post that value so people can see it. That is the best traffic I do know.

bob

bob
organic traffic ? and keyword in top 3 Google of 25,468 results, right? it's best traffic that you are mentioning? :D

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.