How to check the speed of my website?

Dopani

Seem I got some things wrong on my site when it's loading slowly. I am looking for some ways to check website loading time or speed of my website. Please advice me :(

DavidLux

The speed of a website is one of the main causes for the failure or success. Many people consider their website very fast but it is true or not, because we can really see the speed of our website? If a page is definitely slow the user will leave and go to the next.

One of the main factors to consider Google to decide if our page will appear within the first organic results is the loading speed of (SEO).

There are many online tools to see the speed of your website, but what is the authentic instrument to control the speed of?

My advice is you should use Google Page Speed Insight.

Just enter the url of the website and click analysis will show you speed scores and suggestions summary of your page on the result page.

Of course, you can use more different tools like pingdom, webpagetest...as other options.

Good luck :)

Daniel

You can use MaxCDN Tools. It enables you compare performance for two domains, great for testing different environments or seeing how your site does against a competitor.

emanate

if you are just trying to ping it for connectivity go to command prompt and type "ping www.yourwebsite.com"

if your ping is high you might want to consider getting a different host

Maxwell

Maxwell
I tried to use your way and my site is 286ms, it's high or not?
what is your recommendations?
and I think ping is only to check response time to a server, it is not speed of a website, right?

emanate

Yes, you're correct. It just tests how fast you are connecting to the host.

I would consider 286ms to be a bit high but I also don't know what is typical for your ISP. Try comparing it to Google, Facebook, or some other mainstream website. I connect in ~20ms to Google and ~30 to Facebook. If the site is hosted in Europe it is usually more like 180-200 ms.

Daniel@30

You can check your website speed through Pingdom tool. It is one of the best tools to measure website speed.

MarkMiller

First of all check your site manually. like size of images, flashy contents, unoptimized images etc.
For checking the speed of website you should go to
https://tools.pingdom.com/
or
https://gtmetrix.com/
according to result of both sites you can make changes in your site.
Another thing is you should go for SEO of your site.

vishwa

There are various website page speed checker tool available online. Some of them are Gtmetrix, Google Page Speed Insights, Pingdom tools. You can use them. Hope this will help you.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
@hynds is this site from Google?
I have to try to check with it and get good result on mobile device :)

tayyabwpb

You can use following tools to test the loading speed of your Website

1. Google Page Speed Insights
2. GTMetrix
3. PingDom Tool

Reactions: Tshepo

Tshepo

Tshepo
I use all of these tools but I don't know why it has different result between gtmetrix and pindom tool while pindom tools always show great speed for my website then gtmetrix then vice versa.

Eliana Wilson

You can use the Website Speed Test tool its a full page speed test that can be performed from 10 different locations around the world. It allows the performance of any HTML page to be tested and measured. The results returned will give a breakdown of the requests, content size, and loading time. In addition there is a complete waterfall that details the timings and HTTP headers of each asset.

Jackleo7878

Hello,

The below listed tools are best to check your website speed.
  • Google Page Speed Insights
  • GTMetrix
You can also get all issues related to the speed.

JJjohnmiller2348

There are many website page speed checker tools available online. Mostly I like Gtmetrix, Google Page Speed Insights, Pingdom Tool. You can also check your website. Hope this will help you.

hypereffects

You check your website speed with the help of a google page speed, in this, you can also find the errors and issues of the website.

Vename

definitely - Google Page Speed Insight. the easiest way to check, which will display in the report all the problems that exist, with screenshots and descriptions. all changes are displayed instantly, it suggests solutions, very easy to use and for free.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.