Drastic drop in traffic

pravitharohit

Hi Guys,

Please help me to find out the reason behind the drastic drop in traffic for one of my clients.

In march 2014, traffic from search engines was 2048 then it was decreased to 620 for the next month. Now it is 37 only. Referral traffic decreased from 527 to 36.

I checked out the keyword ranking but they have no change for few months. The problem is with the visits. I also checked that is this due to any penalty. But according to penalty checker tools, the site is not hit by any Google algorithms like Penguin/Panda.

So I am very confused about the status, please help me.

Maxwell

Hi Guys,

In march 2014, traffic from search engines was 2048 then it was decreased to 620 for the next month. Now it is 37 only. Referral traffic decreased from 527 to 36.

So I am very confused about the status, please help me.
You might go wrong SEO techniques thus Google penalized a part of your website and your keywords rankings decreased, from that, traffic will decreased accordingly.

Also this
Referral traffic decreased from 527 to 36.
I sure you lose more quality backlinks and backlinks on high traffic site for your client site.

Let me know which SEO methods that you used for your site, so we can find which cause drastic drop in your web traffic :)

pravitharohit

Directory Submission & Social Bookmarking are used as Off page SEO. My keyword rankings have no change at all,it's not decreased. I also checked the Google penalty through the tools, it shows the site is not hit by any penalty.

Michele D.

Directory Submission & Social Bookmarking are used as Off page SEO. My keyword rankings have no change at all,it's not decreased. I also checked the Google penalty through the tools, it shows the site is not hit by any penalty.
Directory Submission & Social Bookmarking will give you low quality SEO ranking factors.
Also, Google will not give you any reports if they penalize your site.
for
2048 then it was decreased to 620 on search engines
I will not know which can make your site drop huge traffic like that without decreasing keywords rankings :D
Are you sure that all keywords will keep the same positions without changing according time?
Loosing some main keywords on SE can make you decrease hundred or even thousands of visitors a day. You need to check your keywords rankings from the past to the present to see any changes.

pravitharohit

If our site is penalized by Google, then we will get message in webmaster tools, right?? I agree with your statement of we don't get any detailed information about penalty but we can know about whether is is hit by any algorithm update, right??

Michele D.

Michele D.
Exactly, Google will not give you messages if they ban your site :) Don't think that you don't have any warnings from Google then your sites can be safe. Let follow Google SEO guidelines to do right SEO techniques.

Same issues i also faced last year on my webpage. This is due to same content posting on number of social bookmarkings sites and directory posting sites. There must be at least more that 20 to 30 bookmarkings is enough. When exploring post on more than 50 or 100 sites daily, leads to spamming or Google penalizes. And we almost long most quality backlinks too. So must be very careful and limitations in posting article, or bookmarking webpages. Thank you for the thread.

pravitharohit

Thank you for the reply. I really want to stop directory/social bookmarking submissions. But my client want monthly 50/100 submissions..Client can't understand the present situation. They want monthly basis submissions. I am in a helpless situation.

Dexsmart

Some sites didn't get any message on Webmaster Tools and for that you need to:
1. Check manual each backlink you had done
2. Store them into an xls file
3. Star disavow them one by one manual
4. Keep doing good work - white hat - not grey, red or yellow
5. Wait 1-2 Google updates (6-12months) to recover the traffic.

Dopani

Dopani
The first thing "Check manual each backlink you had done" is ok but how to know it's quality or not for our site?? to use disavow tool remove them as backlinks to our site :D

pravitharohit

Thank you for the reply. I have 944 back links from 214 domains.How do I know which is good /bad back links. And if my site violated the quality guidelines of Google, then it will affect the whole site, right?? Here in my case, my keyword ranking has no change at all.Some of my keywords are in first page itself. So what’s going around my site. I am so confused.

1SEO

Try this tool to see if you were hit by an update - [URLnf="http://www.barracuda-digital.co.uk/panguin-tool/"]http://www.barracuda-digital.co.uk/panguin-tool/[/URLnf]

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.