CPM or CPC, which one I should go?

Eoon

I'm going to try some ad networks that I did some researches via google or relevant forums
Anyone here tried CPM or CPC, please give me any suggestions on which one i should go with?

which is more effective to generate sales for my site?

thanks
Eoon

success druggy

I'm going to try some ad networks that I did some researches via google or relevant forums
Anyone here tried CPM or CPC, please give me any suggestions on which one i should go with?

thanks
Eoon
It depends on your site and the niche of your site. May I know little bit about your site like unique visitors, pageviews and niche. So that I can tell you that CPM is more effective or CPC.

Reactions: Eoon

Eoon

Eoon
My site is all about IM and internet marketing products, it has less traffic now and decreasing after some updates from Google.

I want to try cpm or cpc networks but didn't know which is better.

mean I want to buy traffic from networks like advertising on their sites

qount

In my experience on adwords years ago,CPC is better than CPM,a higher ROI on CPC.
btw, buysellads platform is also a good choice.

GamObs

Why should you choose between CPC and CPM, can't you go for both ? If your site gets traffic I don't see why you should go for one more than the other.

ericplotz1

thanks
Eoon

In the beginning you try both.

If you have a higher CTR go for CPM.

Edit: You would have to run a campaign before analyzing CTR unless you have a tool like I have that analyzes the keywords first.

drasque

The best option is CPV - Cost per View (If your advertising message is designed to raise general awareness of your brand, or if it is part of a consumer information campaign, CPV ads are more effective).

You can sign-up on Pop Under Advertising Networks using the above mentioned strategy.

TanyaDim

thanks
Eoon
Eoon hello,

My vision is depend from your traffic volume. CPC is cost per click were the network will pay for your traffic -per click. The CPM is most used for pop ads or banner ads which in translation is Cost Per Mile or -per 1000 views, these kind of networks will pay you on 1000 views of the ads. As well you must have good (quality) traffic to get good money and of course depend what types of ads you want to be shown in your site.

skmyna

skmyna
Just want to add one little thing with this nice reply is normally you get 7-8 clicks with CPM. I think this will help you to judge both the advertising method. If done correctly both can give you great result.

TanyaDim

Hello Dear Skmyna,

I'm not agree with those 7-8 clicks :) It is depend from many details: From the Publisher and his volume, as well bids, the quality of the traffic.... There are lot of reasons to get low volume. Most of the people in the network wants to get for cheap huge volumes which in my case it is not possible, because we are bid based platform. This is mean the bid determined the volume. If your bid is the TOP bid in the system you will get the bigger or all volume depending... or to say on most simple way, less you pay-less you get.
As well every volume of traffic react different on every Advertiser. In your case you was received 7-8 clicks but in my case if I buy and bid with $9 CPM , will I take 9 clicks? I believe no :) Everything is relative in a given situation!

talukdar

It seems to me that you are a Advertiser. I think as an Advertiser CPC would be much more effective that CPM. So I suggest you to go for CPC rather than CPM.

filmsimon

depends on your product really, what kind of industry/service/product are you trying to advertise? For me, as a mobile app developer I always go for CPC because I just want as many people as I can to go to my apps page.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.