When Should I Move from a VPS to a Dedicated Server?

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
Hello,

Using a VPS from a VPS provider on vps web hosting offers on webmastersun.com

but we still can upgrade to a dedicated server because we can add extra money for our vps package to become a dedicated server.

I have a question: when should I move from a VPS to a dedicated server?

we are hosting around 15 websites on VPS and feeling websites couldn't run slowly now.

Waiting for valuable replies

NickTheMusketeer

You should move to dedicated server once you have many websites hosted on your web hosting provider that also get a lot of daily hits and there is a lot of activity.

If all those 15 websites generate you 500+ daily clicks each as well as there is some major activity going on (blog posting, forum posting, commenting etc) then you should consider upgrading to a Dedicated Server.

In few words; upgrade to dedicated server once you feel that you need a lot of performance.

Hassan

You can check your current resources and estimate future resources you will have an idea when you need upgrade to dedicated server.

Euservr

Check resource usage and if your sites are loading slow, vps resource usage always high, then upgrade to higher vps plan or go with a dedicated server.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.