How often do you social networks Post?

christax

Hello,
I have not update posts on my social networks regularly, some days a post on facebook, twitter, linkdin, google+..
what about you? How often do you social networks Post?
when and how to bring more traffic from social networks by posting on them?

Please share your thought.

Hassan

How often is hard to say its depend on your account size followers you have and good content you are sharing and also time is a factor there are also many schedules tool allow you post on different social platforms i use hootsuite for my social needs.

elcidofaguy

Hi Christax,

On reflection not as often as I should be lol... But that's partially down to various factors with having multiple social media accounts.... I'm not too worried about it as my process tends to be:

Operational maintenance:

1. Add content to blog post - most important next drive traffic to it....
2. Promote on social media - noting for example FB only give approx 10% exposure to organic reach on people's walls (which means ads once in a while)... send out tweets etc...
3. Promote post on to other web resources as part of tier one linking (video sharing sites, web 2.0 etc)...

If I'm a promoting a new product then I will of course put much more effort e.g. use ads on social media, capture leads, create videos as well as seek a subtle amount of backlinks....

At minimum I would say - be consistent to put an update... the worst case for me is once per month (ideally multiple updates per week but that also depends on the niche)... - if anything just a small comment, retweet or reference to something interest should you fall behind..... so indeed stay on top of your social media plan - the more the better, ideally everyday - which is not easy in my opinion - as I'm struggling with that!

In addition to that you can invest in tools which can post/supply updates as part of a schedule for weeks in advance which can indeed help - and is a great idea in my opinion (and currently looking into that)!

Best of Luck,

Sid

Nytshade

For an effective social media marketing campaign, I would advise you to post twice or more per day.

But to make it more effective, you have to keep adding/inviting new people every day. New people are the ones who always ask questions (just like in forums) and that increases engagement.

If this forum was getting 1 new thread a week it would be boring and people would go to other active forums. But because there's always new content, and new people keep coming in, the community grows. Same thing with social media.

If you don't have enough content then share other people's content. If it's a video, you can simply embed it on your own blog then share it on your social profiles.

It's that simple, you must post twice or more per day and add new people everyday. Remember, it's not easy!

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Hi Nytshade - Nice post buddy!

This for sure is one area that I need to improve on... As mentioned I tend to do my social media campaigns in bursts which tends to be based on content updates on my websites, social media promotions and then some backlinks... My thinking behind that is to corroborate backlinks through use of social media in eyes of G...

There's also a lot of social media platforms, pinit, instagram fb, twitter etc - and all of that could get a bit too much if your aiming for daily updates - especially the more websites/niches that you expand into....

I'm curious to know if you use any tools to automate this? or what you would recommend... I see Hassan above recommends Hootsuite...

I recently purchased buzzbundle but haven't got round to using it... I'm thinking of automating this stuff with retweets, fb posts etc - I know its not the best solution, but I guess its better than nothing.. Not sure which tool to go for which can put this into autopilot.... perhaps I could combine this with contracted help with putting together the posts/tweets which then get added to future campaigns....

In addition does anyone know if such tools require IP proxies? and if so what's how many should be used and generally how long do they last before they get burnt out??

.... appreciate any additional thoughts on your part....

I'm sure most people are going to agree that staying on top of social media is not easy.... Its definitely got me thinking!!!

Cheers,

Sid

The Overseer

Honestly, I don't even bother with social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest - and I do just fine. To me it's only really useful for people who want to be internet famous...or corporations that want to humanize themselves. And FYI, I wrote my senior thesis in college about social media and its utility as a marketing tool. Gurus like to make a big deal about it, but that's just sensationalism. And sure, social signals have a part in SEO, but again, it's only part of the equation...and I have no desire for internet fame.

Nytshade

Here are the tools I use elcidofaguy my friend:

For Twitter, I use manageflitter.com. For Google+ I use Circloscope Free (Uncirclers+).

Then for facebook I use 3 different software:

FB Lead Chef – I use this software to scrape facebook IDs that I will use in
Facebook Blaster Pro to send messages to potential customers.
Facebook Blaster Pro – I use this one to send out inbox messages, it allows me to send as many as I want but to avoid getting blocked I keep it at 70 messages a day.
phpSFP Schedule Facebook Posts – I use this one to post on facebook groups. At the moment I’ve joined over 300 groups and I dont have time to post to all of them.

Unfortunately FB Lead Chef is no longer available in the marketplace. The vendor didn't even pay me my affiliate commissions :(

Guys, social media is not about being famous. I'm not famous but my campaigns work simply because famous people share my stuff. So I don't need to be famous.

For instance, I only have 2000+ facebook fans. Now look at the image below.

Facebook 2.jpg

As you can see in the image above, as I’m writing this post my fan page only has 2,635 likes but if you look at the image you’ll see that the post has reached 5,452 people. Can you see why?

Yes, you’re right it’s because of the shares. One of them got over 100 likes because the page that shared the post is popular. So, just as long as you have quality content it doesn't matter how many likes or friends you have on facebook, twitter, pinterest etc.

It's not about being famous, social media is all about giving people content that is worth sharing.

To all marketers: Next time someone tells you they get rankings with backlinks without social media, ask for proof guys. If you want proof from me then ask I'll give it to you all day, every day.

One thing you have to know about me is that I don't assume, if I say something works that means it's working for me, it's not guess work!

christax

Just like I said, it's all about giving people content that is worth sharing. If I ever I used facebook ads the "Boost Post" button wouldn't show.
Awesome!

Here are the tools I use elcidofaguy my friend:

For Twitter, I use manageflitter.com. For Google+ I use Circloscope Free (Uncirclers+).

Then for facebook I use 3 different software:

FB Lead Chef – I use this software to scrape facebook IDs that I will use in
Facebook Blaster Pro to send messages to potential customers.
Facebook Blaster Pro – I use this one to send out inbox messages, it allows me to send as many as I want but to avoid getting blocked I keep it at 70 messages a day.
phpSFP Schedule Facebook Posts – I use this one to post on facebook groups. At the moment I’ve joined over 300 groups and I dont have time to post to all of them.

Unfortunately FB Lead Chef is no longer available in the marketplace. The vendor didn't even pay me my affiliate commissions :(
Awesome post and great information!

I'm also searching for such tools as you showed above. I also bookmarked this post for the references.

My one question more:
Circloscope Free is a tool or addon on browsers i can install them?
and it's safe to use these tools on my social networks accounts?

Johnson

It depends upon your account, and their popularity.
Apart from that, what you are sharing on your social networking is very important and your regular activity is also very necessary.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.