can web hosting affect on SEO?

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
Hi everyone,
I have read an article relate to search engine optimization and web hosting, they pointed that web hosting can affect on SEO of a website. Is this information exact?

JOSourcing

I've read the same thing as well, and (I believe) Google mentioned some time in the past that it considers things like slow connections and server errors as ranking factors.

RDO Servers

Speed and errors can make a difference in your ranking.

You want to make sure you use a quality host with high uptime, and quick response to support tickets!

1SEO

Server location will take an effect on your SEO. If your web server is pinging in India, it will not send the right signal to Google Bots that you want to rank in the USA.

amitncode

Yes. Hosting can effect on SEO. If you have hosted your website on fast server, it will have some benefit as website speed is one of the aspect of SEO. Also if you are hosting your website on shared hosting, an unique ip is really important to get rid of bad neighbor spammers.

nesito29

Hey there,

I was asked to answer to this question, so I will, but I will answer with FACTS that way there will be no more rambling on about if it affects or not.

Now back to the answer.

Can web hosting affect on SEO?
Ans: NO!

Well yes and no, let me explain this with more detail.
Yes: Hosting provides the location of your site, meaning it tells Google if you will be ranking for the US, MX, UK, JP, etc., but people around the world don't care about that and why should they? what we want is the best hosting that feats our needs, no matter if it's located somewhere else in the globe.

No!: That's what Google's Webmaster Tools are for, if you don't know what they are for then keep reading.

1. Add all your website versions :Make sure you add both "www" and "non-www" versions for your site. Also, if you use the HTTPS protocol, add those variations as well.
  2. Select your preferred version: Choose whether you want your site to appear with or without "www" in Google Search.
  3. Select target country: Set your geographic preference if your site targets users in a specific country.
  4. Share access with co-workers: If you want other people to access your reports, you can add different access levels.
  5. Submit a sitemap file: This helps Google better understand how to crawl your site.

Now that's what you can do with Google's webmaster tools, they also give you feedback about your website, telling you if there's something wrong with the site and how to improve it.

If you want to know more about this I recommend joining Webmasters Academy it's free provided by Google itself.

So.. if you are not using Google's webmaster tools the you definitely should.

I hope this answers all questions, if you need something else please let me know :)

Regards,

Jonathan Nunez

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
rwsorensen
RDO Servers asked and Nesito29 answered, that's cool! :eek:hmy:

But..what...if your site was hosted at Netherlands while you targeted your users in USA? does it have any conflicts?

I suppose mostly people will choose a hosting at US instead of using location at Amsterdam, NL, right?

when you hosted at US, your web site loading speed will be improved at US where its servers located in there.

Besides, website loading speed is also an ranking factor, what do you think about that?

RDO Servers

Website speed is a ranking factor. However these days, pulling from a server on the other side of the world typically results in a delay measured in milliseconds.

On the flip side, hosting your site on a budget server with low resources and is oversold, can add several seconds to the page loading speed. A site that is poorly coded/configured can add 2-30+ seconds to the loading time.

Page speed is a factor, but it's just 1 of the 200+ ranking factors and transit time from a distant server is the least of your worries.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.