How to estimate traffic through keyword search volume?

Hugo E.

Hi Guys,

Are there any ways how you can estimate average traffic through search volumes. For example, if I found a keyword with 200K searches and if my website get ranked on top 5 google then how much traffic will it get?

Does it have a formula to calculate this?

Thanks in advance.

elcidofaguy

Hi Guys,

Are there any ways how you can estimate average traffic through search volumes. For example, if I found a keyword with 200K searches and if my website get ranked on top 5 google then how much traffic will it get?

Does it have a formula to calculate this?

Thanks in advance.
Indeed you can estimate as follows:

1. Make sure the search volume is for exact match data.

2. For ranking positions I generally go by 1st ~ 35%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 15% .... The % of clicks varies niche to niche... You can check for other stats such as here which is more accurate...

3. Use the % estimate of traffic against total volume/month e.g. For 1st Position you can estimate 200K * 0.35 = 70K visitors.

When it comes to getting data on keyword search volume - then I recommend that you use Google's keyword planner tool... As mentioned make sure that the data used is "exact match"...

Best of Luck!

Cheers,

Sid

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views